+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Obviously flirting with me?

Obviously flirting with me?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for advice. I told this story to a girl friend and that's what she said "she is obviously flirting with you" but I still have my doubts.

I really like this woman, she is wonderful, funny and beautiful. She is a waitress in a nearby restaurant where I go almost daily to eat or pick up food. A couple months ago she started to be more friendly to me, I don't know exactly when but she clearly changed from the way she was before.

She smiles a lot and tells me jokes all the time, she touches me a lot, I know that she looks at me frequently to make sure I'm still there. If I call to order food she says that she doesn't like when I do that because when I get there the food is ready and we don't have time to talk, that if I want to order food I have to go and wait until is done to take it home. One weird thing she started to do was around a month ago when she asked me a question and I had to google it on my phone, then I put my phone on a tall table and show it to her (I was standing), she approached me and started reading and let her left breast touch my arm... well, it was actually her whole left breast there for almost a minute. I didn't know what to do so I didn't move a muscle. Then she left and 2 minutes later she asked me if I could show her the article again. I did and she did the same thing for another minute. Like a week later I was having lunch sitting on a tall table again and this time she was moving really fast behind doing her job taking food to the clients' tables, et., she touched me several times trying to pass but two of those times were with her boobs again. My friend told me that the space behind me wasn't so tight and I think so too.

To clarify, when I say that "she did something weird" is because I think is normal for girls to accidentally bump agains other people with thrill breast but leaving it there for like a minute and then doing it again is not an accident... perhaps she is flirting with me? That, I don't know.

You are probably thinking that those are clear signs, well, let me tell you why I have my doubts ad why I need women advice:

I'm not shy at all and always have lots of friends. I see this type of behavior quite often, not the boobs rubbing part but the other stuff like people wanting to be around me, smiling when they see me, joking around with me just because I'm a very happy guy who likes to make people happy too. That's exactly why I'm so confused because I don't know if she is being nice to me like other people are or if this is a sign that she likes me. Like I said, I'm not shy but when it comes to romance I turn into a complete idiot.

There's more to this story but I think is quite long enough and I don't want to bother anyone.

Girls, what you think? Is ther any quick test that I can run to make sure before making a move?

Thank you for taking the time to read this

I know this is the "ask a female" forum. But dude.!!!! She likes you.!!!!

If you're a happy person that likes to make people happy, then trust me, she likes you. The signs she's giving are because she likes you. And other people like you because you give off a good vibe. Stop thinking you're only good as a friend with regards to making people happy. Girls love that.

She likes you.!

I am not a woman and I understand your doubts, but she is CLEARLY MAKING A MOVE ON YOU. You just aren't picking up on her hints (well you are but not acting on them). Ask her if she "would like to grab a cup of coffee" when she gets off her shift. See where it take you. If you get lost, we're always here to help.

Dude (and I NEVER use that word), she was sooo flirting with you. No question.

Does that mean she would go out on a date with you? Who knows - people are odd. But no doubt she was flirting.

Be friendly back and enjoy the attention. Ask her out and play it cool whatever her answer.

-PP

Thanx a lot guys, your replies are really helpful. You know, this is kind of odd for me but maybe you are right, is just that this girl really confuses me and I can't understand her "signs".

If any lady out there wants to add something to this thread it will be awesome to see your point of view

Thank you!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha! you are WAY over-thinking the breast thing, but it still sounds like she may like you. Ask her how she'd respond if you were to ask her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ask her how she would respond? What's the point? Why not just ask her out

(I generally interested, btw, as to why asking her what she would say matters).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He asked for a "quick test run" before asking her out. That's why I suggested he ask her how she might respond. It's a little less threatening for the guy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Haha! you are WAY over-thinking the breast thing...
    Hmmmm,vashti now you got me thinking...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    seriously, our boobs are attached to the front of our bodies, and they stick out. if a girl stands close to you, odds are you might have them brush up against you. I'd make more of the fact that she was standing so close to you to begin with. The boobs were likely incidental... most girls aren't quite so forward.
    Last edited by vashti; 04-11-10 at 12:21 PM.

Vashti, thank you for your advice.

So far only one girls had replied, so if there is any other lady who want to add something to this thread I will be really thankful, I just want to hear different points of view.

Thanx again!

If you get this reaction a lot I think you are being too modest in your interpretation. If a woman really likes you and you make her smile and fawn over you she is probably interested. Sounds like you have a lot more prospects then you think. Go for it! =) Good luck!

So I'm coming to give an update. It turns out that all it took was ask her out for her to reveal her true intentions. She said yes and added "I thought you will never ask me out".

Thank you everyone!!

Well done

Aww - that great Larry!

Congrats and good luck.

-PP