+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex broke up with me , what to do about pics on facebook ?

Ex broke up with me , what to do about pics on facebook ?

hi there, my ex left me a week ago and i am working on getting her back, thus, changing a lot of things and focusing on myself, no contact rule, etc.. even tho she left me i do understand and already forgive her, after all i love her, what ever reasons she had i must respect, she said nothing to think about and she made her decision, however i will not let that discourage me from wanting her back, i do so or good reasons and not just because ill feel better or to hurt her in return etc,,

anyways, my question is that she has deleted the album she made of us from facebook and has also untagged me in photos, im assuming she did this not to lead me on by still having pics of us on facebook and to ease the pain of the breakup by seeing them there everytime she goes on, i had my album of us still up but deleted them today because i dont want her to think i am not letting go of the breakup or that i am ignoring the fact we split . Was this a good move ? however i still have some pics of us on my profile section , can i keep them ther, what will she think if she happens to go on my page and see there still there ?

or shoud i delete them as well, what does doing this accomplish ?

i also would like to know whan a good time to call her would be if she dosent call me, she is strong and i dont believe she willl even if she wants to, i would like to think 2 weeks is effiant with zero contact, then to call her and say hi, how are you, when she asks me how i am i will say things are great , a lot of great things are happening, when she asks what i will say id love to talk more but i am just heading out , i just wanted to call and say hi,,

is this a good move to open the doors of re establishing contact, ?

any advice is welcome, i need as much as i can because i dont wnt to become needy or desperate and call herthus loosing her forever,

thank you

I'd take them off and just save them to a folder on my pc. I tend to hang onto things for a while and then a few months later and when I'm just about over it, I delete them for good.

None of this really sounds like a good idea sorry to say. =( She dumped you, I don't think calling her to say hi and telling her things are great will spark the fire.

I commented on another of your threads and again I know how you feel. Don't delete them like somebody else said, just remove them and put them in a folder. Because believe me she'll see you removed them and unless she's a heartless beast she'll be like whoa what's he up to...? I broke up with my ex before because I made the dumb decision to wanna be single, at first she kept everything the same and I was selfish and thought "well I have her if I want her" but then she started worrying about herself and it set me off and I blew her up. Point is if you're leaving pictures around she'll feel like you aren't moving on, therefor she can do what she wants, by removing them she'll think you're moving on and feel indifferent about that. I'd suggest putting them in a folder off facebook and still practice no contact. This is insignificant but how old are you?

i am 24, well, what will spark the fire ?

apart from the Facebook thing i'd say you have the right attitude apart from the first contact thing. with facebook i've just left everything up, but asked her to block me so i can't trawl her FB. it makes sense and when i'm over it and likewise with her we can lift it and still have all the photos tagged etc.

first contact ... huhmmm. i dunno. leave her to buckle first or wait to accidentally bump into her.... that or you can 'accidentally' bump into her.
    calling to say your super busy but wanted to say hi sounds in my head kinda dump. maybe if the above doesn't work call to say hi, but don't make it sound like your rushed or anything. she'll see right thru that. just call, have a chat and see if she wants to go for coffee or something? dunno really ... im shit at first contact stuff. ha! me and my ex are going for coffee tomorrow. its gonna be weird and hard i think ...

madness

i know that i cant accidentally bump into her, that is one of the biggest not to do's when trying to get an ex back, i feel it may be too soon to call and ask for a coffee because she will know my intentions are to get back with her , even tho they arent right now, if she took me back right now it wouldnt work because i havent made any serious changes yet and the same problems we had in the relationship would still exist, i think part f my problem is being on here and doing research on how to get her back , instead of truly focusing on myself , when you stop trying thats when something usually happens and because i am trying so hard not to call and so hard to find ways to get her back i will prolly be farther from getting her back in my life,

i dunno, what does anyone think ?

Quote Originally Posted by >brando. View Post
    i know that i cant accidentally bump into her, that is one of the biggest not to do's when trying to get an ex back, i feel it may be too soon to call and ask for a coffee because she will know my intentions are to get back with her , even tho they arent right now, if she took me back right now it wouldnt work because i havent made any serious changes yet and the same problems we had in the relationship would still exist, i think part f my problem is being on here and doing research on how to get her back , instead of truly focusing on myself , when you stop trying thats when something usually happens and because i am trying so hard not to call and so hard to find ways to get her back i will prolly be farther from getting her back in my life,

i dunno, what does anyone think ?
    this is also a good idea

after coffee with my ex-misses this is exactly what im gonna do.
    would you look at that, come on here to give advice and end up taking it instead thank you