+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ok, I have had a major crush but I don't know how to attempt it

Ok, I have had a major crush but I don't know how to attempt it

I'm new at my university. This is my first semester of my first year. Everyone is friendly at my dorm but there is this one girl whom I like more then any person I've met two months ago lol. She's an RA at my dorm (of the womens area of course.) I first started noticing her when I consistently kept seeing her doing things I thought to be cute/funny/odd like dressing up in a snow outfit for a rain day. The first time I talked to her I was trying to get rid of a bag a trail mix that I was going to feed to the raccoons outside my dorm who wonder around during the day. Someone told me that they were rabid so I decided not to. I had already eaten all the m and m's so for all I was concerned the trail mix was depleted. I was sitting around studying when she walked by and I offered her the bag of trail mix and her blue eyes got big and exited and she said that she loved trail mix.

Later on I kept noticing her and all the funny/cute/odd things she does. I'd talk to her when I ran into her. I found whenever I even came in contact with her no matter what my mood I was instantly happy and it lasts for hours. An example of this is when I was having a heated argument with someone on the phone.... she walks by waves and says, "hi." The whole time I stop talking to the guy and when the moment passes I regain my sense of reality and start talking to the guy like a good friend and we end up agreeing to hang out later.

I originally left two notes under her door over a few weeks (I thought she probably had a boyfriend, she's drop dead Beautiful, Smart, Cute, Nice, Hard working, and Incredibly interesting to talk to.) So I didn't want to cause her problems. I was totally worried she'd think I wasn't confident or was a creeper or something. Later on the day of the second note she walked up to me when I was sitting in the lobby and gave me hers. She thought I was sweet, she didn't have a boyfriend, but she recently got out of a two year relationship and isn't looking for one. At the end she said she'll see me around.

I've come in contact with her twice since the weekend. In the morning I was kind of pissed off, it was early and cold but on my way into the dorm I noticed someone carrying a pile of books and walking backwards toward the door so naturally I opened it for them... to my surprise it was her she smile and said hi... I was in a state of euphoria for a few hours..... Then tonight she was leaving the dorm and I was studying in my normal spot which is in the lobby and I saw her leaving and said bye and waved... She returned the gesture by waving and smiling and saying bye....

This leads me to my point....

I know she isn't looking for a boyfriend at the moment but how can I best set myself up to be there at the right time when she is?

Edit: I'm a transfer and a Junior and the dorm is a upperclassmen dorm. (I thought this to be a necessary clarification.)
    Last edited by Lake; 04-11-10 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Clarification.

Having meaningful conversations with her and maybe flirting a bit seems like a better idea than stalking her, don't you think?

yea start up conversations with her, talk about music, movies, your classes whatever, build up a relationship with her slowly and she will forget about his 2 year-bf and be with you eventually.

It might seem like stalking but I don't have time to lol. The events are few and far between.

Laaaaake how many threads are you gonna make about this stuff? Couldn't you just ask all your questions in one place? XD

Hey,Lake
    She isn't looking for a relationship she says, but that doesn't mean you can't ask her out for a movie or something?
    Then you have plenty of time to talk to her.