+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did he just play with my heart like that?

Why did he just play with my heart like that?

I've been led on. True, I loved it and really went for it too.... I made myself easy prey. But what was obviously a big game for him suddenly got very real for me. I'm so in love with this guy that I can't think straight. Every day I'm in floods of tears. I try to talk sense to myself, because I know it could never have worked out, but the pain feels like it's killing me. I'm never even going to see him again - or speak to him, by the looks of things... we had a few bits of online contact but now that has stopped. I made the mistake of saying I miss him - and whoosh! you could practically hear his footsteps pounding into the distance.

Will someone please please reply to this? I feel like such an idiot, and so alone. Just say you know how I feel and it gets better....

Quick update....he's been on fb several times and not tried to speak to me, so obviously, I need to get over him and move on. Like I said - stupid!
    Last edited by scaredycat; 04-11-10 at 11:43 PM. Reason: update

Did you ever meet him in real life, is my first question.

yes we spent 6 weeks together, loads of time every day, he'd come in on his days off to see me. Asked me to stay at the end of the course. Didnt know if he meant it, so left. Now he wont reply to my last message, the one where I said I missed him. If he asked me to go back I'd be on the next plane out there.

Sounds like you were played.

Either that or he began to sense that you were more invested in this than he was, he isn't looking to go to the next level, ie: committment and so whooosh, off he runs for the hills, as most guys do who were just looking for fun.

If a guy will run and because you tell him you miss him, then he aint worth the shit on your shoe.

harsh words but I love em! thanks azure..keep em coming, a reality check is what I need to stop myself thinking "he meant it, the way he looked at me, the things he said...." etc etc. I'm not even a halfwit for being duped like that. I need to move on

Please move on. It may have been more real then you think. It sounds like he was interested for a while. maybe he is married, in a relationship...Whatever is going on it's not good. He sounds like trouble, I would forget about him. You will be ok. You just need to meet the right guy!

though this dude didnt work out, never abandon your ability to fall for someone, just reserve it for someone who will value and reciprocate your efforts.