+ Follow This Topic

Thread: please help me get over him playing with my heart like that

please help me get over him playing with my heart like that

ok so 6 weeks isnt long enough to know but I really thought he felt something for me, all the little looks, the sexual innuendo, the laughter...when it was time for me to leave he hugged me and I thought I'd fall apart there and then. I said please persuade me to stay and he said "please stay". I had to leave, I didnt have a choice (visa, plane tickets etc) but if I'd thought he meant it I wouldve stayed.

Now after a couple of emails, he's ignored my last message. I ended it with "and I miss you all the time" because I thought that would show him I was really intreested in him and not just playing a game. Seems like I was taken for a fool though and I'm breaking my heart over it. I know everyone says this but I feel like I'll never meet anyone who makes me laugh so much, makes me that horny, or that happy ever again.

The harsh truth would be easier than the pathetic way I'm still prepared to hold out hope for him even though I know really that I'm deluding myself.

I'm not a kid btw - I'm 40! old enough to know better, but still don't, apparently.....
    Last edited by scaredycat; 04-11-10 at 10:55 PM. Reason: misspelling

Well, maybe he did feel something for you? But, still its an unforgettble romance that you will cherish in your lifetime. You just need to move on for now.... its hard i know? But, it will get easier day by day.

I cant imagine ever looking back on this and thinking it was a good thing. I just deleted and blocked him from my fb. I couldnt take seeing him in chat, ignoring me. I feel like its over. Which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WICKED THOUGHTS View Post
    Well, maybe he did feel something for you? .
    Any man who disappears on you and because you tell him you miss him, did and does not feel something for a woman.

Sorry, but your advice is shit sometimes.

As much as it hurts and you want to (probably feel like you need to) know what he thinks about you/feels towards you, it's something you will never know for sure, because only he will know truthfully. I've been in your position and after months, I exhausted my brain trying to figure it all out. Then I realised I can't and never could. It's better to accept that it's over, it'll save you further heartbreak. You told him what he needs to know, he knows you miss him and what that could possibly mean. It's up to him now. Be strong!

Quote Originally Posted by flo_22 View Post
    As much as it hurts and you want to (probably feel like you need to) know what he thinks about you/feels towards you, it's something you will never know for sure, because only he will know truthfully. I've been in your position and after months, I exhausted my brain trying to figure it all out. Then I realised I can't and never could. It's better to accept that it's over, it'll save you further heartbreak. You told him what he needs to know, he knows you miss him and what that could possibly mean. It's up to him now. Be strong!
    This is a very good post. I'm right now in the same position and I've also decided to just give up trying to figure the person out.

being ignored is so very rude. especially after what you said the two of you shared. it may be a case of the reality in your head not being the reality he lived in, which sucks. it seems that there are quite a few people out there that wont hesitate to involve you and do all the things that would lead you to believe they are legit then just bail out. there are better men out there for you. when someone is honest and contractual with you, then you know the reality you live in is the same as your partners'. and also, i dont see that experience as anything you would want to cherish or remember either.

Quote Originally Posted by msingell View Post
    being ignored is so very rude. especially after what you said the two of you shared. it may be a case of the reality in your head not being the reality he lived in, which sucks.
    If they never really had a chat about what the relationship was meant to be that could be the case. He and she may've thought they were both on the same page though it appears they were not.

We also don't know the content of their exchanges aside from her last line. If this chap thought they were clear about the relationship but he realizes she's waaaay more into him than he is into her, the easiest thing for him to do would be to just walk away from it. It's not at all polite and makes him out to be a bit of a coward.

well that's very interesting

Went through the same thing with a girl I work with not so long ago.

Really doesn't feel good.

:/

I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like it feels horrible. yOU CAN BE GREATFUL THAT HE AMDE A CLEAN BREAK. cLEAN IN THE SENSE THAT THERE CAN BE NO DOUBT IN YOUR MIND THAT IT IS OVER. iT IWLL HELP YOU TO GET OVER IT COMPLETELY WIHTOUT THOSE THOUGHTS OF WHAT IF OR IS HE SURE.