+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are girls looking for?

What are girls looking for?

I've asked girls who are my friends and girls on dating websites what they are looking for in a guy. They sometimes stray from this a bit but this is the general stuff. A guy who is smart, funny, attractive, hard working, muscular, stable, confident, nice, and knows what he wants from life. I meet that bill fairly nicely and I never can get a girl whereas guys who meet only two or three of those conditions do. example: Muscular, Hardworking, and knows what they want from life. Do girls want a problem to fix with the guy?

Am I boring or something? I get A's and B's in classes and I take more of them then most people, I work hard, I'm creative, I'm nice every reasonable opportunity I have, I work out nearly every day, I have a plan of what I am going to do with my life, I am told that I'm attractive, I have a wide array of hobbies and am good at nearly all of them. (From writing short stories to playing modern warfare 2.) I'm a complete perfectionist and I do as well at things as situations allow and spare no efforts to do them. I have a flat stomach and pretty big muscles.

All the smartest girls my age seem to be dating forty year old men to be getting a jump ahead financially but in all honesty I don't think sleeping with some old women for her money would be a good idea in regards to my practice of rule utilitarianism.

Other possible factors: This is my first semester at the university. I am in an upperclassman hall and everyone knows one another. I am just starting to hang out with people but I'm going slowly at it because there are so many nice people in my hall but I don't have enough time. (16 credit hours, + a part time job + writing a novel on the side + daily exercise to stay in shape + practicing gaming for the next mlg tournament for call of duty blackops).... (I'm glad I'm in a hall with just 60ish people lol or I'd go nuts trying to remember names .) Recently I had a concussion that effected my hypothalamus (long term memory storage area of the brain) as well as two of the memory related Gyruses and I've had to study more then normal.

People keep telling me to keep doing what I'm doing and to build rapport with girls but at the same time I expect to graduate in 2.5 - 1.5 years depending on how fast I can get to 120 credits and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity of all the girls my age in one place.

Ps. How much time does a girlfriend want to spend with a guy typically? I think it might cause a problem if I have to schedule in dates or hangout times .

Good looking guy with a nice financial situation,that's it.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

They're certainly not looking for someone who spamposts tl;dr threads =P