+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Signals

Mixed Signals

I've known this guy for about a year and a half and he lives in a different city. We met through a mutual friend and there was immediate attraction. Nothing ever came of it.
    We ran into each other a few other times, usually while I was in town with visiting my friend. He'd say really sweet things to me but we were drinking so I didn't give it much credit. Last summer, while I was in town, he told me he had a crush on me since we first met. I must admit, I hadn't thought about him too much because of the distance, but I was very flattered. We shared a kiss and exchanged numbers. I called once but it felt awkward. Saw him again, and it was the same: catching him staring at me from across the room, innocent flirting.
    The thing is, I'm going back for a visit, so I called him to see if we could meet, but alone this time. I've called twice in the last month, leaving no voicemails, and he hasn't answered or called back.
    I'm not really sure what to make of it. I don't want to come off needy- I'm not. I keep very busy with work and my own social life. But I also can't deny the chemistry between us. He is very handsome.
    What should I make of the unresponsive phone calls? Should I leave a flirty voicemail? I'm a little rusty as I've been in long relationship before this started and haven't found much time to date-even though there have been ample opportunities. I really don't want a serious long distance thing- just a little fun.
    Insight and advice would be most helpful.

^I'd take it as 'not' interested.

Interested guys who would want to meet up, don't ignore you.

But I also can't deny the chemistry between us...
    Bit of a waste of time if he feeling it though.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 07-11-10 at 08:50 AM.

If he was that interested in your he'd be there all the time, he'd answer your calls and everything. So it's obvious despite all that mutual attraction he's not really that bothered.

This sounds to me like it's possibly a very shy guy. If he's in his early 20s or younger it's possible he does not know how to deal with girls. He is clearly intereseted, kissing, can't keep his eyes off you, wanting to talk to you. Is it possible he's not great at socializing with girls? If you are getting this vibe, I'd suggest being a little more aggressive and help him out a little if you really like him.

I don't know about you, but I don't come home at the end of the day and scroll through my caller ID to see who called me when I was out!

Just call him and leave a light message this time. If he still ignores you, he's not interested.

Carl.

well that's very interesting

If a girl I like makes contact through sms, calls, anything, I reply straight away, no questions asked. On the other hand, that guy isn't me.