+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met a girl, may have messed it up.

Met a girl, may have messed it up.

I met this girl a month ago, and things were going great up until now. The first day we spent together we had a great time, not a moment went by where we wouldn't be laughing or talking. Later that day while we were watching a movie she grabbed my arm and told me she really liked me, she then rested her head on my lap and fell asleep which I was fine with. From that day we hung out almost every day for 2 weeks, she would frequently tell me how much she liked me and she would always grab my arm or find ways to hug me.

But as the time went by I will admit I started to talk less and less and so did she. She now has a job, and although I've tried to stay in touch, she just doesn't seem as interested in me as she used to. Sometimes we might hang out but when we are with her friends she will pretty much ignore me and only talk with them... something I would never do... the polite thing to do would have been to try and make me feel comfortable around her friends. We're attending the same university where we both share a humanities course together, every class we will sit together but her same other friend will be there and they will be talking and giggling the whole time and i'll be sitting there looking like an idiot.

But it doesn't always seem like she's trying to ignore me. When we're in class she'll nudge me or draw on my book or play with my pen. Or i'll say some little thing that will make her giggle. I'm able to make her laugh easily, it's just we've never had anything to talk about anymore... she's so quiet around me and i'm trying my best to get a conversation going with the time I have with her but she'll respond with a "it's going good" or "not much". She just looks way less enthusiastic than she used to about everything and as much as I like her I just don't know how I'm supposed to respond to all of this.

I really felt something good was happening but now i'm not so sure. Any advice?

Is it still important? how is it going? Sounds like you spent too much time together and talked about eveything and burned out.

Maybe she's less enthusiastic because she's been waiting for you to make a move and you haven't yet. She probably felt as if she was sending pretty strong signals in the beginning and when you didn't act on it, she probably assumed you didn't like her that way.

Thanks guys, i'm still not sure what she is thinking... but I think i'm going to just forget her and do my own thing. It's a shame because we had a lot in common, I guess I just wasn't aggressive enough or she really wasn't as interested in me as I thought she was. I've been taking out a couple other girls that I've met on campus, but neither of them have given me the same spark.

RockNRoll - I'm too interesting for that to happen. =P

MerryH - That could be the case, but I have told her I liked her back. I would also hug her often when we were together as well.
    Last edited by blent; 16-11-10 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blent View Post
    MerryH - That could be the case, but I have told her I liked her back.
    Yes, but what did you DO about it? Did you ever even ask her out on a date or anything?

It's a shame if she lost interest in you, as you say you thought this could turn into something really good between you and her. My question is "would you kiss her when you hung out?".I mean would you think of her as your girlfriend or you just went out talking and having fun as friends? Maybe there is a misunderstanding between you and her about your feelings. I think the best solution is to try and discuss it with her and find out what she expects from you and from the thing you have (or would like to have).

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You basically burned her. She told you she liked you you said I like you to. Then you hug her. FRIENDS hug. So basically you said one thing and did another (which was nothing).

Next time when you like a girl ACT LIKE IT.Kiss her, caress her, touch her like no other men get to touch her. Start making out, start calling her babe, start telling her you "miss her" if it's been a day.

We weren't dating at the time so I didn't know if it was her being flirty or not. Anyways she pissed me off yesterday during that class I have with her so i'm not interested in being with her anymore.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How is an exchange of I like you I like you too.... NOT dating WTF? Dude, you got no game.

Lol, I agree that I have no game. But we weren't dating, just getting to know each other. That was how I saw it at least, maybe she saw it differently.

You need to be more ASSERTIVE with girls... the last thing you want is to be their best " girlfirend" aways a shoulder to cry on but not a penis to holdon

she treats You as friend, and she likes You. Mayby You should find Yours common hobby, and do sth with her, sth differend that talking and meeting with her friends