+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend acting distant

Girlfriend acting distant

So here's what's going on. I've been with the girl for about a month and a half. We are both 19 and in the same college, and live quite close. She is my first girlfriend, but she has had several boyfriends before me.

In the beginning we were quite close. We would hang out nearly every day and frequently do things together. She would frequently stay over at my place and we would sleep together, although we have not yet had sex. About a week ago I told her I loved her, which is true.

In the last couple days, though, she has started to withdraw a little bit. Her text messages have been shorter and minimalist, and it's been mainly me initiating them. I haven't seen her for a couple days, so today I asked her through text if everything was okay. She said that she was just stressed about a bunch of things, and rejected my offer to listen to her talk about them. She said that that's what her roommate was for, that they keep each other sane.

What bothers me is that she says that she probably won't see me or anyone else at all for a while, or at least until after thanksgiving. I told her that i understand but I really don't. I'm not sure what's going on with her, or if she's really okay. I want to understand and be able to relate, but I definitely can't. I'm not sure what she could be going through that would make her not want to see me. And worst of all I can't tell if there's actually something going on that I should be worried about, like she wants to break up with me but hasn't been able to work up the courage to do it, or if I'm just tripping. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

You may have freaked her out a little bit by telling her you love her. It's kind of too soon to say that after 6 weeks.

They act distant and when there is something else other than 'you' on their minds. And there may be a multitude of things that is causing her to act distant.

I'm thinking she's looking for an exit though and because usually and if we have something on our minds, we females tend to want to share it and talk about our worries, etc with a partner...we don't tend to push them away.

If she got freaked by your declaration that you love her, then she isn't feeling the same as you.

You are history. Move on. She has gone.

Continue what you're doing and learn the hard way...it's a better learning experience for you.

as the rest have said, ur done with . this is very common. u were being too needy. and not to judge- but u did say she is ur first gf, so its often a common mistake people make. Just make sure next time, u have a life of ur own, and are happy on ur own. dont EVER become dependant on someone, cus thats when ull get hurt the most.