+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend tells me about sketchy situation rather than saying nothing?

Girlfriend tells me about sketchy situation rather than saying nothing?

A few months ago my girlfriend and I broke up for about three to four weeks. She admitted that she spent the night in a guy friends bed. She insists that nothing happened, etc. etc. I confronted both of them separately and each of them acted calm about it and both stuck to the notion that nothing happened. My question is why would she say anything to me about it, putting herself in a position of having to defend her story, versus saying nothing and not having to deal with me asking questions? If she had said nothing to me, I wouldn't know anything about it. So should I believe her that nothing happened because she came right out and told me about the night? Or is it possible she's lying to me and for whatever reason wanted to tell me this "story", thinking that since she told me, then why would she lie? Very confused...help appreciated.

She is trying to be honest with you by telling you this

Eh, she wants to be open and not hide stuff. Imo

Thanks. So you guys are saying that I should believe her because she came right out and told me?

Has she ever given you a reason to not trust her?

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Has she ever given you a reason to not trust her?
    Yes...she admitted to lying to me about having sex with another guy while we were separated (not the guy related to my original post).

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    then no, I wouldn't trust her.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    then no, I wouldn't trust her.
    ditto, damn how could you leave such an important FACT out of the storty?????? SMDH

ummm do you guys not see what shes doing?

listen, after a break up, everyone wants to have the upper hand... they want to show that the break up was the best decision ever made, and soemtimes people do this by trying to make their ex jealous, or get a rise out of it. Im 99% certain she told you just to get a rise out of you. shes in a way, trying to brag. i wouldnt buy it tho, just act like you dont care, indifferent...

Events unfolded in this order: She told me about the above situation just prior to us getting back together. She admitted to lying to me about the other guy about two months into us being back together, which is what has me struggling to believe the situation that I posted about. Even though she admittedly lied to me about another situation, I'm inclined to believe her in this particular instance. Here are a couple of reasons why: 1.) she told me unprovoked that she had spent the night in his bed. I would have known nothing had she not said anything. Doesn't it seem likely that if something happened with this guy, she would have said nothing, therefore, avoiding any questioning from me? 2.) Her story has remained consistent and her ability to discuss it with me has as well. 3.) After finding out she lied about someone else, I couldn't get this situation out of my head. I'm thinking, "how in the hell does a chick end up in a guy's bed and nothing happens?" So I asked her to come over with her phone and text said guy, asking him the following: "What exactly did you tell him about that night?" And his response was, "I told him you slept over. Pretty sure. Why? Confused." So not only did she not object to allowing me to watch her text him, but his response was consistent to the original story as well. So, I'm inclined to believe her in this case. It seems that it would take a hell of a lot of collaborative effort on both their parts in order to not fumble up the story, if they were lying.

You're going to great lengths to prove to yourself that she's not lying to you, but I doubt you'll ever fully trust her again. Do you really need this bullshit in your life? Relationships without trust always suck.