+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I keep being myself but it isn't working to attract girls and I like who I am

I keep being myself but it isn't working to attract girls and I like who I am

I'm 21, a perfectionist, a full time and a half psychology student, a published Author, I love running and swimming and flipping (off the diving board) I really don't fear anything and I'm so smart I'm constantly bored all the time because I'm an undergraduate student and the classes move very slow. I am a tele-fund caller and am great at extorting money out of people for a good cause (part time job). I have a sense of humor and am nice just because I like to (There really is no ulterior motive for helping people (I am an Atheist and a Nihilist.) There

In any case I usually talk to girls and one of three things happens. They flat out ignore me (this has happened twice recently and I'm not sure if she didn't hear me or maybe she was angry at me for some random reason?) They talk with me and tell me I'm nice and after awhile they say they're not my type and go back to the abusive boyfriend they were dating before. Or finally we flirt, they give me their cell then after a few volleys of texts they just suddenly go silent.

I honestly can't figure this out it's like twilight zone weird. I don't understand it . I mean I get along with lots of people but whenever I like a girl even if she liked me before hand and came onto me. I'm not quite sure of why this is. I'm not sure if I'm creeping them out or if there is some government agency out there for the sole purpose of blocking me from having a girl friend or if every girl I've run into is leading me on or perhaps I do have some problem about me but none of my friends want to tell me or last but not least maybe when I like a girl I have a third eye that pops out of my head and stares at them and they are intimidated by supernatural means.... It's really weird and not fun

"and im so smart" you talk like that when you talk to girls?

No of course not, then they wouldn't talk to me.

I think there are a few possible causes and I guess I'll have to run them by you or you can't help so here goes nothing . When I was eight my fifteen year old babysitter molested me. I totally liked it though but I kept play 'doctor' with the other girls my age until I was twelve. When I went to middle school the rules changed and puberty hit and it was much harder to talk to girls. At eighteen I regained my ability to talk to women. At 21 I began attending oakland university. I've never really learned the rules of dating. I'm not sure if I'm doing something weird and don't really know it. Usually when I like a girl I either totally like her or not at all and I will often go from disinterest to infatuation at the drop of a hat if I decide I like a girl. I can't really control it (it's not always sexual either, a good portion of the time I like them and just want to date them.) I'm not sure but I think this could be the problem, any clue how to turn it off?

here you go

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/47332-how-get-girls.html[/url]

Wow I'm not sure how I missed that lol .

b/c I just made it =]