+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I should ask women about this

I think I should ask women about this

I can make friends but I have problems dating and have never gone to first, second or home base with a girl even when they ask me out.

I think there are a few possible causes and I guess I'll have to run them by you or you can't help so here goes nothing . When I was eight my fifteen year old babysitter molested me. I totally liked it though but I kept play 'doctor' with the other girls my age until I was twelve. When I went to middle school the rules changed and puberty hit and it was much harder to talk to girls. At eighteen I regained my ability to talk to women. (I was going to a community college at the time as punishment for my slacking.) After I realized that the boring generic classes lead to interesting ones I was admitted to OU. At 21 I began attending Oakland university. I've never really learned the rules of dating. I'm not sure if I'm doing something weird and don't really know it. Usually when I like a girl I either totally like her or not at all and I will often go from disinterest to infatuation at the drop of a hat if I decide I like a girl. I can't really control it (it's not always sexual either, a good portion of the time I like them and just want to date them.) I'm not sure but I think this could be the problem, any clue how to turn it off?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ???

You sound normal to me. Everyone is nervous when they first start dating.

The reason you aren't getting anywhere with dating is because you are making up excuses for your lack of aggression.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?