+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First Time He Said "I Love You"

Red face First Time He Said "I Love You"

This is a true story about my boyfriend and I. Take it how you want, I almost cried when this happened, I was so happy. I just really wanted to tell someone and vent about this and not have it seem like I'm bragging or talking about him too much or anything like that.

My boyfriend and I had been dating for two months, and although things had been mostly casual, it was starting to get more serious. We were at my house, upstairs in my room. You would have thought we were up to something sexual, but we weren't at all. He had me wrapped in his arms as we just laid on my bed and listened to some music. Every now and then, he would kiss my cheek, or forehead. It was so calm and serene, and I didn't want him to have to leave.

He cleared his throat, and I looked up at him. He looked me right in the eye and said, "I love you.", then kissed him sweetly. Not the "Love yah!" or "Love you!" like you would expect from two teenage kids. I stared at him, and realized that, I too loved him.

Maybe not everyone would agree with me, because we're just teenagers, right? We don't know what love is, and definitely can't feel it for one another. Too young, too stupid, too juvenile for love. But at that moment I could feel in my heart that he was the most important person in the world. So what if I'm too young, or stupid, or juvenile? I can still feel and care, and most definitely love.

So I said right back to him, "I love you too." before snuggling back into his arms, hoping the world would just stop so I could remain this way forever.

Thats so very nice of you to tell your love story. I enjoyed reading it. I collect love stories, kinda a hobby. I really like yours, plain and simple.

I know many happily married couples who met in high school. Hope you two live happily ever after!

hope you have a happy life together.

I wish someone ( a woman of course) would say that someday also for me. Great job and good luck.

what a true romantic!

Hey, I guess this thread is a bit old, but I feel compelled to say something.
    I've recently broken up with my girlfriend of two months and talking/posting about it makes me feels somewhat better.
    Anyhow. This is my memory.

We started dating (seriously) on the 19th of November. We went to schoolies together and went to a beach house together(with 9 other friends) for a week. She had to leave after a week because she went to America with her sister, but that one week was absolutely amazing. I fell really fast. Without a parachute. Straight into love.

It was Christmas Eve. Our first date after America. We've missed each other like crazy. I sent her emails everyday, each over a 1000 words long - and I thought I was restrained. It was at the local botanic gardens, somewhere she hasn't been before; a perfect place for a picnic. It was slightly drizzly and nobody was there besides us. In the WHOLE PLACE. Gosh, it was good. Anyhow, I packed pb n j (on multigrain bread because she doesn't like white bread), lemon lime n bitters (her favourite drink), an LCM bar (because she loves them) and a rose. Along with her Christmas presents. A silver bracelet with a blue heart lock on it. And a mini-album of covers that I recorded for her (I'm a hopeful muso haha).

We went to a secluded place in the botanic gardens - next to a row of Giant oak trees with leaves falling down around us (I live in Australia so it was summer), around 23 degrees, we had my umbrella out and we decided to sit down and chill. Chill soon became kissing. However, bout 5 minutes in I stopped. I realised I loved her. I was scared. I felt it was too fast. Just over a month of dating. I felt scared because I realised that I would inevitably fall deeper and deeper with no way out; I was now vulnerable; I now had to tell her everything about myself not because I was abliged to, rather I wanted to because I loved her.

I stopped and just stared out into the distance. She pecked my cheek to get my attention and to get the 'secret' out of me. Anyhow, the umbrella blew out right then, and she went up to chase it. The rain got heavier. I ran and I caught her. The umbrella got caught in the roots of the oak just 5m away. I turned her towards me and said whilst trembling. 'Jacqueline....I...love you".
    She smiled. Then we kissed in the rain.
    We spent the rest of the afternoon huddled underneath a big oak tree sitting on my picnic blanket, hands wrapped around each other, with the umbrella blocking the rain.

Gosh ít soundsl ike a bloody fairy tale.
    Last edited by just.a.guy.; 15-02-11 at 06:19 PM.

That's a awesome story!
    no. can't do that.