+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I call to clerify things or let things roll?

Should I call to clerify things or let things roll?

Ive gone out with a coworker 3 times, we've had a blast, but Ive been hesitant to move very fast since we work together. After our date last night, Im dropping her off and she's about to leave and I told her I had a question for her; and in so many words I basically asked her what possibilities is she open to happening from our dates.

We have hung out as in non-date setting a few times and know each other pretty well, so I felt it was a good time to make sure we're on same page.

I asked my question and told her I would answer my question first. My words werent that clear, but basically I said, I enjoy your company, like your personality and Im trying to get to know you better to see if there is potential of a relationship in the future; just want to see where it goes. She agreed, that since we work together she we should see where it leads; take it slow.

It was a little awkward, and she said she doesnt do well talking about stuff like this. I asked her if she wanted to keep going out, and she responded clearly "yes" (no hesitation), but it all just happened so fast and it was awkward so I'd like to double check to make sure we are indeed on the same page and to end on a less awkward note before work on Monday.

So should I call to clarify things and to help make things less awkward for Monday or should I roll with it?

Thanks

You sound like a robot. Just go with it and enjoy yourself.

You are way overthinking this. 3 dates and you need a guarantee? It's way to soon to predict where it will go. She wants to date you right now, not grow old with you. I'm not sure what you were trying to clarify. Dating implies "I enjoy your company, like your personality and Im trying to get to know you better to see if there is potential of a relationship in the future."

Lighten up!

Carl.

I'm not big on a "what are the possibilities" talk. It seems like a good idea when curiosity &/or insecurity have hold, but realistically, what does it accomplish? The possible answers all have pit-falls and spur more questions and doubts than they answer.

Now, to answer your question - NO, you should not "clarify" your answer. What could it possibly accomplish? IMHO, no damage control need be done (she still wants to date you) and she seems uncomfortable with the topic.

Just enjoy her company. Give her friendship and see if a romance develops.

-PP