+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: dating and hooking up sequence

If a woman 'played it cool' with me I would assume she wasn't interested and lose interest in her. I have no time for such shallow games.

It's weird to me how the social dynamics have been shifting in recent years in the U.S. On the one hand, women are finally passing up men in terms of college degrees, and that is just starting to make a significant impact in the work place. A recent study found that young women with college degrees working in big American cities are now making more money than their male counterparts. On the other hand, men have successfully worn down standards in the dating scene to a sordid level that is disadvantageous to women. Booty calls, friends with benefits, the declining rate of marriage and the rising rate of divorce... these are all fine for men who just want to get laid, but not so good for women, who tend to face sharply diminished dating prospects as they get older. The weird part is that women seem unable to leverage their economic success into any kind of leverage in the dating scene.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

haha, funny that you say that, cause I have a career and my masters degree plus. the guy, well , he has nothing except a hs diploma

but wait, what does that have to do with anything i asked? haha

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The point is that you have all that and you're single and seeking while he probably has quite a few solid prospects with only a HS diploma.

and thats the majority of people in the US? im only pursuing him for the fun anyway. not looking for a relationship. just got out of a long one

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    It's weird to me how the social dynamics have been shifting in recent years in the U.S. On the one hand, women are finally passing up men in terms of college degrees, and that is just starting to make a significant impact in the work place. A recent study found that young women with college degrees working in big American cities are now making more money than their male counterparts. On the other hand, men have successfully worn down standards in the dating scene to a sordid level that is disadvantageous to women. Booty calls, friends with benefits, the declining rate of marriage and the rising rate of divorce... these are all fine for men who just want to get laid, but not so good for women, who tend to face sharply diminished dating prospects as they get older. The weird part is that women seem unable to leverage their economic success into any kind of leverage in the dating scene.
    Well said. I agree that dating know-a-days is disadvantageous to the woman who wants a solid, lasting relationship.

I have a love/hate relationship with dating. On one hand I love men, I love getting to know new men, and dating can be a lot of fun. On the other hand I rarely meet a guy who actually wants a relationship. Or I have these short term boyfriends who freak out about being in a relationship after 4 months. OR I end up dating someone with the maturity of a 12 year old who treats me like garbage. OR I end up dating a guy who I think is manly, dominant, and all the things I like, only to discover he's a possessive psychopath ala Julia Robert's husband from Sleeping with the Enemy.

And yet I still have faith that someday I will meet the manly, old-fashioned, chivalrous, sexy as hell, down to earth, funny, dominant man of my dreams who won't judge me for being a closet ho and who won't hesitate to wife me up and pump me full of beautiful babies.

What's that saying? Keep hope alive?

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    Well said. I agree that dating know-a-days is disadvantageous to the woman who wants a solid, lasting relationship.

I have a love/hate relationship with dating. On one hand I love men, I love getting to know new men, and dating can be a lot of fun. On the other hand I rarely meet a guy who actually wants a relationship. Or I have these short term boyfriends who freak out about being in a relationship after 4 months. OR I end up dating someone with the maturity of a 12 year old who treats me like garbage. OR I end up dating a guy who I think is manly, dominant, and all the things I like, only to discover he's a possessive psychopath ala Julia Robert's husband from Sleeping with the Enemy.

And yet I still have faith that someday I will meet the manly, old-fashioned, chivalrous, sexy as hell, down to earth, funny, dominant man of my dreams who won't judge me for being a closet ho and who won't hesitate to wife me up and pump me full of beautiful babies.

What's that saying? Keep hope alive?
    Really? I have found the opposite. When my ex-husband and I split earlier this year, I joined a couple of dating websites. I had a lot of responses, and the majority were from cool, attractive guys who wanted to settle down. I have gained one good friend and one awesome boyfriend from the experience. I have talked to guys who use the same sites, and it is definitely a woman's market. Your criteria are similar to my own, except I already have kids and want a man who already has kids, so I am perfectly happy to stick with the offspring already on the scene. But I was able to be extremely choosy and get exactly what I want in a very short period of time. I think keeping a positive outlook about men and dating in general is key.

^^^ Maybe I'm ugly

I spend a lot of time pondering what I'm doing wrong. One day I will discover the answer.

LailaK says:

"Maybe I'm ugly"

share your pic and I will give you my honest opinion

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    not so good for women, who tend to face sharply diminished dating prospects as they get older. .
    While this may (or may not) be true for the general population of women, I can tell you honestly that it isn't true for me. I am being hit on routinely by guys 10-15 years younger than I am, with much more frequency than I did when I was in my late teens and 20s. With only a single exception, I haven't been hit on by a guy my own age in years. Honestly, I don't know why this is. It's pretty entertaining, though.

The reason I say this is because many single women tend to feel some sense of desperation as they get in to their 30s and 40s if they haven't married, and really, they shouldn't bother. Women my age (in the area I live in) tend to age much better than their male counterparts, and if I am representative of anything, it's that there are PLENTY of dating opportunities available if you are relatively decent-looking and don't mind dating younger.
    Last edited by vashti; 21-11-10 at 11:59 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

vashti says:

"While this may (or may not) be true for the general population of women, I can tell you honestly that it isn't true for me. I am being hit on routinely by guys 10-15 years younger than I am, with much more frequency than I did when I was in my late teens and 20s. With only a single exception, I haven't been hit on by a guy my own age in years. Honestly, I don't know why this is. It's pretty entertaining, though.

The reason I say this is because many single women tend to feel some sense of desperation as they get in to their 30s and 40s if they haven't married, and really, they shouldn't bother. Women my age (in the area I live in) tend to age much better than their male counterparts, and if I am representative of anything, it's that there are PLENTY of dating opportunities available if you are relatively decent-looking and don't mind dating younger."

take a wild guess why you think that is. I know why

Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
    LailaK says:

"Maybe I'm ugly"

I'm not ugly. I was making a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
    LailaK says:

"Maybe I'm ugly"

I'm not ugly. I was making a joke.

LailaK says: