+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: dating and hooking up sequence

I'm not posting my pic for the world to see and for my co-workers to possibly come across the forum and know all of my business.

I agree, vashti. I was concerned when I first split with my ex. Who would want to date a 30-something mother of preschoolers? Lots of great guys, apparently! And my success led a much older friend of mine to try her hand at dating again, and she also found it much easier to find a great guy than she imagined it would be.

Laila, I am sure it has nothing to do with looks, as you joke. I thiink you have to actively look for a good guy, believe you are valuable, believe there are plenty of awesome guys out there who will want to date you, and really be OK with not meeting anyone right this moment because this search doesn't have to end today. If you don't have the emotional peace to take that approach, I say remove yourself from the pool for a while and find your strength and hope before you look for a man. The guys we find while we are feeling desparate and unlovable are not an improvement on being alone.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post

take a wild guess why you think that is. I know why
    I honestly dont know. There are certainly prettier, younger women out there.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I agree with you Take2 but I would like to say that not all women who have a hard time dating are desperate. If I wanted a boyfriend (at any cost) I could be in a relationship tomorrow. All of my bad experiences have taught me exactly what I want out of a relationship and after my last break up I promised myself that if it's not the "real" thing I'm not going to waste my energy.

I did decide to take a hiatus from dating though. Not to regain strength but to regain my sense of... wonder? To regain the fun that I used to have when dating. Dating has become a chore and I don't like that. I think i burnt myself out so I'm taking a break.

Laila, you are right, of course. Desperate is a loaded word and a poor choice. I think you are wise to take a break to regain your equilibrium, and I hope you find what you are looking for in yourself.

vashti says:

"I honestly dont know. There are certainly prettier, younger women out there."

c'mon, use that brain of yours. You even said yourself there are prettier, younger women out there. So why would guys choose a less attractive female unless she came with certain presumptions that made her more favorable? I think you know but you don't want to admit it

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    vashti says:

"I honestly dont know. There are certainly prettier, younger women out there."

c'mon, use that brain of yours. You even said yourself there are prettier, younger women out there. So why would guys choose a less attractive female unless she came with certain presumptions that made her more favorable? I think you know but you don't want to admit it
    You must be referring to money? I suppose that is the only thing you imagine a woman over 30 has to offer.

BTW... it suddenly occurs to me that you remind me of that book called Logan's Run.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

vashti says:

"You must be referring to money? I suppose that is the only thing you imagine a woman over 30 has to offer."

since when do young guys care if an older woman has money? Think harder

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nah, I'm bored of this conversation. The truth is, I don't care why they are buzzing around. It's entertaining. If it's for sex, who cares? I might want to have sex with one of them sometime. And that's what they wanted when I was 20, too. If it's for money, they are going to be disappointed. lol I don't give money to males. It's all for my kids.
    Last edited by vashti; 22-11-10 at 01:49 PM.

lmao, it was never a conversation to begin with. Think of it as a school lesson. You said you didn't know why guys 10-15 yrs younger than you were hitting on you. I was helping you to see why

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's amazing how one dude ego is so unbelievely huge... actaully it's almost unbelievable but seeing how he comes back 5 times with different IP addresses I believe it. It's as if he's god's great gift to women...

edit... it's as though he thinks he's god's great gift to women.

Is your penis huge and your pockets deep?

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    It's amazing how one dude ego is so unbelievely huge... actaully it's almost unbelievable but seeing how he comes back 5 times with different IP addresses I believe it. It's as if he's god's great gift to women...

edit... it's as though he thinks he's god's great gift to women.
    quote the part where I believe I'm God's gift to women. No offense but you sound like a bitter girl who can't handle when a guy is right about something

Is your penis huge and your pockets deep?
    My pockets aren't deep yet but will be after I finish my master's

^^^ That's really rich Applesauce. Considering that you're a dude who can't handle OR ADMIT when a woman is right about something.

When has a woman ever been right? lol

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lmao, it was never a conversation to begin with. Think of it as a school lesson. You said you didn't know why guys 10-15 yrs younger than you were hitting on you. I was helping you to see why
    So you think it's sex? Awesome!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast