+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i fell in love with a famous person and i am getting obsessed!?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    'i wouldnt take him seriously because women are throwing themselves at him'

hahahaha
    What's funny about that?

I was never into Indie stuff. I liked Erase Rewind by the Cardigans and that was it....

When you said 'famous' person, I was thinking along the lines of Robbie Williams, who I would say was famous.

They aren't 'that' famous and if not known by everyone IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    What's funny about that?
    Because it's just ridiculous. Women on here often point out on here that men are often jealous and overprotective, sometimes manipulative because they are "uncomfortable with the idea of being with an attractive, independent woman" but god forbid, they wouldn't take a man serious who women would line up to **** - making assumptions and judgments without even knowing him! See the inconsistency?

NLL is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I was never into Indie stuff. I liked Erase Rewind by the Cardigans and that was it....

When you said 'famous' person, I was thinking along the lines of Robbie Williams, who I would say was famous.

They aren't 'that' famous and if not known by everyone IMO.

I said english band...i wouldn't say that robbie williams is in a band...

wow i'm so upset. i typed up a pretty damn good response and it just completely vanished. here is my attempt at rewriting what i wrote *sigh*...

from what i've read about him and seen of him, i think he takes his music very seriously. and i have a lot of respect for him being blatantly honest with you from the beginning. you might be one part of his life that he wants to keep separate from all the fame and publicity and have just for himself (possibly the reason he doesn't show much affection for you in public...he wants to keep you private so that feeling doesn't spoil). is he seeing other girls? maybe, maybe not. but he was pretty straight forward with you about not being able to commit, so seeing other girls is fair game. and you should realize that seeing other guys is fair game for you too.

and i know how on top of the world you must feel. i'd feel the same way, anyone would. it's one of the most popular fantasies to be in a relationship with someone famous, and it's even harder for you because a part of that fantasy came true...he's interested in you! but the best advice i can give (even though i don't think anyone can really relate to what you are going through) is to stay grounded. remember who you are, that you are a person with needs who has their own life. your life should not revolve around him. you've already become infatuated with him to the point of allowing your mind to go in these jealous frenzies when thinking about all the other girls who are showering their affections on him. it's hard, i know...but the best thing you can do is try to overcome those instincts and be realistic.

he is a musician in a band that is making lots of ground right now, and might even get bigger. he's currently on tour and will be for awhile. music is his #1 priority and will probably be for the rest of his life. i think you (1) being sure of yourself, (2) staying grounded, and (3) not allowing his interest to prevent you from going out and trying to find what makes you happy, will be the best possible approach for you going forward. it will make things a whole lot easier on both of you and will most likely lead to him developing a shit ton of respect for you as a person. he can't commit to you, so there is no reason for you to commit to him. i'm not saying don't see him, just be rational...know and reiterate to yourself often that it is what it is and it won't be anything else unless he is willing to take the next step. and don't allow your fantasies and infatuation to dictate what you do going forward. try to separate that as much as possible. go out and continue meeting people. if you are the type of person who needs attention, reassurance and to be on the top of your significant other's list of priorities, then he probably won't be the right guy for you. i would think that the type of person who would have any chance of building a healthy relationship with someone like this, is someone who is confident, independent and who is not demanding.

why do you think most actors/musicians end up becoming involved with other actors/musicians? yeah some do it strictly for publicity and to boost their fame...but others do it just because they are the only people who can truly understand/appreciate the demands of their profession. the "normal" people in these relationships almost always end up feeling neglected/overshadowed by the "famous" person.

really think hard. is this the type of life you'd be OK with? having the benefit of being with someone famous, getting that boost in social status that hardly anyone can experience, but at the expense of long periods of separation, knowing that plenty of other women are showering him with attention wherever he goes and having to have complete trust in him to not act on that attention? it's REALLY hard. and honestly, these things aren't even relevant because he doesn't feel comfortable committing to you. maybe he doesn't want to hurt you, maybe he's afraid of starting something and it ending in failure...we don't know. i'm just suggesting you think about the hypothetical situations that would come into play IF he were to become interested in making that next step.

i think you really need to think long and hard about what's realistic. the kind of relationship you've always dreamed of having and if he could ever fulfill that for you. but for now, just stay grounded. don't expect anything, don't anticipate anything...just have fun. and don't limit yourself. keep putting yourself out there, don't sit around waiting for him, because he sure as hell isn't doing that for you. when he's away, you are probably very far from his mind...he's concentrating on music, as he should be if he wants to be taken seriously. don't overextend yourself here. and i'm not trying to squash your hopes, because i don't know him...he could be an amazing guy who is trying to be as realistic as possible and who could eventually end up trusting you and himself enough to give it a go, but if that were to happen, just know that you will be making LOTS of sacrifices. there would be lots of demands on you, on trusting him, on trusting his character and all the wrenches that will be thrown your way because of his fame.

but again, don't forget about yourself...don't let yourself get too carried away because it will only result in pain. concentrate on you and make him only one small aspect of your life. you are just one small aspect of his. is there the potential for you guys to become something more, most definitely...but only if you stay grounded and realistic. i think that's the make or break in this kind of situation.

i know i can't really relate to what you are going through at all, but i tried. i hope you can take something from my advice.
    good luck! and feel free to send me little updates every now and then
    Last edited by RdHrshyKss; 19-11-10 at 04:09 AM.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

So are we talking about one of the Massive Attack guys or something?

No, they're almost as old as Mark E. Smith.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NLL View Post
    Actually he is, now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

He was in Take That and is back in Take That since rejoining...

And Take That are a very English band.

But if you want to split hairs, ok then I expected someone like Liam Gallagher....Oasis for the record.

If he aint on the same par as these guys and well known by everyone, then he's a relative nobody.....except among those who like the Indie genre.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    Actually he is, now.
    And he was in the nineties too....

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Because it's just ridiculous. Women on here often point out on here that men are often jealous and overprotective, sometimes manipulative because they are "uncomfortable with the idea of being with an attractive, independent woman" but god forbid, they wouldn't take a man serious who women would line up to **** - making assumptions and judgments without even knowing him! See the inconsistency?
    Uhm, no I don't. Am unsure what you mean.

Whether it's a man or woman who is sought after, one is taking a risk and in being able to trust that person.

Anyway, who said he was good looking - he could be a dog ugly kinda famous star like Wayne Rooney. His money may be what attracts and some females will bed anything and to get a taste of fame and get rich quick from 'kiss and tell' stories.

No offence to you OP btw....I'm not assuming you are that type of woman.

NLL is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    THANK YOU very much RdHrshyKss. That really helped. I just wanted to talk to someone that can imagine how i feel.
    thanks

THANK YOU very much RdHrshyKss. That really helped. I just wanted to talk to someone that can imagine how i feel.
    thanks
    We are not retarded love - we can all imagine how you feel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12