+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this girl have feelings for me...?

Does this girl have feelings for me...?

Before I do continue, I must stress I am a 100% straight female in a very committed relationship with my boyfriend of 4 years.

This girl who is the same age as me (early 20's) transferred to my department a few months ago. Got on really well at first, as girls do, chatting about anything and everything. Also had a lot of the same friends in common and we both like to party. She is also a part time model, so real pretty, to be honest - could probably get any guy she wanted. She did tell me in confidence that she was bi-sexual. I didn't repeat this, and when a topic of conversation came up and someone asked her, she said she was straight - being a friend, I didn't say anything because I didn't know if she wanted others to know.

Like I said, got on well, she settled in really well at work and all the guys in the office are practically in love with her. She asked if I wanted to meet outside of work for like lunch/shopping/cinema etc which I agreed to when I could. But she kept cancelling for really weird reasons, like an hour prior to meeting as well. I'm laid back so I wasn't bothered and said we would make arrangements for another times. To this day, she has always been the one who has asked to see me outside of work, but she always cancels. In the space of 11 weeks, we went out twice. She also started lying as well. For example, I was going out with some friends and she was texting me and I asked what she was up to and she said she was in bed at her parents house which was like 20 miles away, then 15mins later I saw her in a club, she saw me then ran into the loos. I didn't go after her.

Also about 2 months ago she rang me at 3am (I was out at a party) and said she was locked out of her house and would I pick her up and take her to her Mums as she was stuck. Being a friend, I said yes and drove 25miles to collect her, I couldn't see her so texted her, she then replied with "Doesn't matter."

Then this week her parents came into work and she came over to my desk and asked me to go and meet them and I was snowed under with paperwork so politely declined and then she said "But I want to introduce you to them. They have heard so much about you and I want to put a name to the face for them." Again, I declined. It's weird. At work she wants to be my best friend and won't leave my side, but then outside of work she either is texting/ringing me 24/7 or I don't hear from her in like 2 weeks. The same day she also asked what I was doing that weekend, and when I said where I was going (to a friends party which was about 40 miles from where we live) she said she was in the same area and we should meet for a drink. I said i'd see as I hadn't seen these friends in a while, but she just kept asking and asking. Then when I was out she kept ringing and texting me wanting to see me.

She is also very touchy feely at work. She came over to my desk the other day when me and a friend were talking, she sat on my knee and just started stroking my hair and feeling my arms and stuff. She also has a boyfriend, however, she doesn't like him and is only with him because he does lots for her. She doesn't keep it secret that she is just waiting for someone better to come along.

Everyone at work is convinced she was feeling for me. I thought it was a joke at first, but now I'm really confused. She will ring me and at the end of the conversation will be like "Ok, bye, love you" and when I haven't said anything back, she then texts me straight away about it.

What do you think? Do you think she is a nut job...?

Sounds like she wants something for you. Maybe she just wants sex. Have you made it clear you're straight and have a boyfriend who you love very much? Make sure she knows it. Bring him up- A LOT.

If she doesn't get the message you're just going to have to confront her. She may get insulted and think you're stereotyping her, but she is contacting you a lot and acting very very strange for anyone.

If it's bothering you just make it clear you don't want her contacting you so much at weird times and such.

u find a nice guy and start hangin out wit him...before she attracts u completely..