+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this normal behaviour for a guy?

Is this normal behaviour for a guy?

So I have been chatting with this guy online for over a month, and when I send him a message he looks at it but he doesn't reply to it right away he replies a few days later. And I know he has seen it, the message is in email style it's not Instant Messaging!

Yesterday he responded to a message by another person, but he still did not respond to my message. He does this a lot, he will talk to me a lot for a few days, and then all of a sudden he will stop responding to my messages; however he continues to talk with other people.
    I don't know what his problem is, but I think I should just forget about him.

It depends on what both of your intentions are. He might not be looking for anything more than a chat buddy. Maybe he doesn't want to appear too clingy or needy. If you're interested in getting together for a date or something, drop a big hint. If he doesn't respond to it, then just forget about it and be friends. Or just forget him period.

He doesn't look that interested, and maybe it is better to forget him. But you haven't even met up yet, so he doesn't know you really. By the fact that you ask it here I guess you are pretty interested in him. Either forget him now, or go on a proper date and than see what happens, but don't keep it an undefined online thing.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It doesn't matter if it's normal... sure, reading messages and not replying asap is normal but is it acceptable to you? I'm guessing not really. He's doing this because he's got better things to do therefore you're not a priority for him. My vote: give up, there are many more who will eagerly reply right away.

Why be so gutted over a guy you aint ever met and because he replies a few days later to your messages?

Yes, it is normal behaviour and for friends who you meet online, to text/mail every so often. Is there a reason why you would expect an immediate and 'pronto' reply?

It sounds like you had/have expectations of this guy and without ever having met or knowing what he feels about you/wants from you.

Try not to get so heavily invested in people you don't know in the real world in future.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 23-11-10 at 06:40 AM.

theSOUNDofMUSIC Guest
    Well...I always do that. not to be mean but if its a long conversation or an argument i just put it off and say "well i'll reply later" or i start a different convo with the person...or im busy and overlook some messages. Just dont get mad about it...if he has no reason to be mad about you he probably isnt so dont work yourself up about it...there could be a number of reasons why he does it. like the person above said maybe hes just a chat buddy person.

thats normal online behaviour by someone who is only interested in stringing you along. his lack of effort reflects his lack of interest in you. go find yourself a real person to talk to.

try meeting him,, that mite create a bond