+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why must some boys be so cute?

where were you when this happened?

I was out for my morning jog.

Your going to write him off as a douche until he proves other wise?

bahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    LailaK, who cares what these guys say? This is the way MOST dates start out. Mutual attraction. So what if he wants sex? They ALL do.

Have fun, and don't put out until you know he's not slimy. (I know you wouldn't anyway.)
    <rant rant rant>

meaningful, long-lasting REAL relationship

</rant rant rant>

How strange I feel, agreeing with doppelgaenger. This guy came at you with a dopey pickup line and you not only encouraged him by making his game-playing successful, you also dropped your own agenda (taking a break for your own emotional health) and followed him like a puppy. AND you are playing games with him now, holding out on sex as some sort of test and expecting him to play games in return. I hope it works out for you two lovebirds, and never say never, but it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I have to say that I don't think holding out on sex is a "game-playing" technique. Why can't a woman protect her emotions by not sleeping with a guy she's not sure about?

I'm kinda with Take2 on this also...in that it was a dopey chat up line. I'd have probably laughed my ass off at some guy who approached me while out jogging and who said I was beautiful and asked for my number. I'd think it was sorta creepy and I'd also be wondering how many more times he's approached women with that pick up line and no way, just no way and would I hand my number over to some strange guy I'd known 5 minutes....hot or not.

I'd have carried on jogging and ignored him, lol

I'd be cautious. He's probably been around the same jogging block a few times and picked women up the same way.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 23-11-10 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    I have to say that I don't think holding out on sex is a "game-playing" technique. Why can't a woman protect her emotions by not sleeping with a guy she's not sure about?
    I agree.

I'd never sleep with a guy and until I was sure of his feelings.

So that's 'game playing' eh?? lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    And they wonder why women consider them dumb.

All long term romances start with a first date.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Waiting until you are ready for sex is not a game.

Saying a guy is a douche who just wants sex, but you will take the free meal and refuse the sex...that's a game.

LailaK says:

"And I'm already fully judging him as a douche who just wants to get into my pants."
    that's not nice

Quote Originally Posted by Take2 View Post
    Waiting until you are ready for sex is not a game.

Saying a guy is a douche who just wants sex, but you will take the free meal and refuse the sex...that's a game.
    Yeah...

If I thought he was a douche who just wanted sex, I wouldn't be going for a meal with him.

I wouldn't entertain any bloke who I thought was just after sex.

He could be genuine. I'm doubting it with a pick up line like that though, lol

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Yeah...

If I thought he was a douche who just wanted sex, I wouldn't be going for a meal with him.

I wouldn't entertain any bloke who I thought was just after sex.

He could be genuine. I'm doubting it with a pick up line like that though, lol
    devils advocate here:- so how do you know if a guy is really genuine??? i mean, how do you get to know them? Isnt that what a date is meant to be for? learning about the other person? Are you saying that you shouldnt ever date anyone after just meeting them? afterall, you cant possibly know if they are genuine or not after 1 night, be it a bar, or another social gathering.
    Otherwise, you are making a preemptive judgement about them before you get to know them, no?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not only did he use a pick-up line to get Lailak's number, but he contacted her right away. Which signals to the rest of the women that something's wrong and he should be avoided.

Which falls exactly in step with the advice given elsewhere. He should have waited two to three days before making contact. This is too funny.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast