+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oregano oil is amazing!

oregano oil is amazing!

so yesterday i came into work and could not stop sneezing. my nose was getting pretty stuffed up and i was SO nervous that i was going to get really sick before thanksgiving. as soon as i got home, i took a dose of oregano oil. it tastes like shit, but boy does it clear you up. i didn't feel so heavy/stuffed in the head and it lasted for a couple of hours. when i started to feel like crap again i'd take another dose. in the meantime i drank lots of hot tea and made myself some soup for dinner.

i'm happy to say that i don't feel bad anymore. i sneezed once today and my nose isn't stuffy anymore. my head doesn't feel completely clear, but it doesn't feel bad either.

i'm telling you, oregano oil is amazing. i've been told to take a dose of it every day to help ward off sickness. but i can tell you firsthand that if you start taking it when the first signs of sickness start to appear...you just might be able to beat it off (along with drinking lots of liquids and eating healthy food).
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Does it punch you in the face like horseradish or spicy food? Is that how it clears you out?

I thought I was getting sick last week, too. I used a [URL="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3xJEG7fcX7w/SMS5ECJRwtI/AAAAAAAACBA/v126PDIjCZA/s1600/Neti+Pot+2.JPG"]neti pot[/URL] a few times (was going to call it a nasal douche to be funny, but apparently that's actually a thing) and felt a lot better. I think it was just allergies.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How did it help exactly? Oil+oregano? Never heard of it. Are you sure it's not the tea and hot soup that you were eating all day that helped you?
    And beating off sickness,goes also just with drinking a lot and eating healthy you don't need to drink this awful mixture ,because I think it's more power of impression than actual defending power ...In the end, it's just oil and oregano
    I wazzzz here

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try and pick some up when I can. Feels like I have some sort of cold...
    tago embago

oil of oregano is actually an herbal supplement...it's not something i mixed up. i bought it at whole foods. i'm thinking any store that has a bunch of herbal supplements would have it.

here is some information on it (just copy and pasted from some sites online):

Numerous university studies have shown that Oil of Oregano is a highly potent purifier that provides many benefits for human health. Oil of Oregano is a natural substance that is extracted from wild oregano plants, and two key compounds found in it are carvacrol and thymol. Studies have shown that both of these compounds have significant effects on harmful microorganisms that cause many illnesses in humans.

It is important not to confuse Oil of Oregano with common oregano that is used as a spice for cooking. Common oregano is typically Origanum Marjoram, while Oil of Oregano is derived from Origanum Vulgare.
    The ancient Greeks were one of the first people to recognize oregano oil for its health benefits and medicinal qualities. It is known to be a potent antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic oil that can reduce pain and inflammation and effectively fight off infections.

Some of the specific benefits of Oil of Oregano are:
    Destroying organisms that contribute to skin infections and digestive problems.
    Strengthening the immune system.
    Increasing joint and muscle flexibility.
    Improving respiratory health.
    Oil of Oregano is an excellent early defense mechanism when you feel a cold or sore throat coming on. Simply take 3 drops of Oregano Oil once per day (you can mix it into a glass of orange juice) and you should notice results within a few hours. Repeat this once per day for up to 5 days until the symptoms are gone.
    Oil of Oregano is a wonderful natural remedy for sinus congestion. A common solution is to add 3 drops of the oil into a glass of juice and drink this mixture daily for 3 to 5 days.
    and i agree with you PP, i think that eating healthy and drinking lots of liquids is probably the most important. but i'm the kind of person who likes to stay away from medicines...i'd prefer the natural route. my bf's mother (who is actually Polish!) was the one who recommended this to me. she's a big health nut and said it works really well.

now the dosage that the other website listed varies on the brand you get i guess. i was told that it's ok to take it a few times a day. i probably used it 3 times the other day. and have been taking a dose once in the morning and once when i get home just to be safe and make sure whatever it was that i had didn't come back.

and you might be right MerryH...it might have been allergies for me as well...but oil of oregano is actually good for respiratory health, so i'm thinking that it could help with things like that too. i was told to take it once a day during the common sickness months (winter time, when the seasons are changing, etc.) and it should help strengthen your immune system.

and as for the taste. i don't know how to describe it lol. it definitely could be compared to eating an extremely hot pepper that just lingers in your mouth (and with oregano oil...in your throat) for awhile. i'm pretty daring, so i take the highest dose they recommend and just push through the discomfort because it's worth it...it really helps me feel better. like if i'm stuffed up, i can sense that my sinuses are clearing up a bit...and that natural feeling of heaviness/stuffiness in your head goes away too. at least it does for me...i'd be interested to hear how other people feel after taking it.

Mr. Lubba...if you get around to trying it, let me know if you notice any changes. colds really suck, and i was really nervous that i was going to get worse and be sickly on thanksgiving, but as soon as i started to feel the first symptoms, i went right to this stuff and i really think that it was one of the main reasons it went away so quickly.
    Last edited by RdHrshyKss; 24-11-10 at 09:38 PM.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you think you should just be giving advice about oregano oil? Don't you think you should be giving advice about all types of oils?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

^^^if you have some other natural herbal supplements that help with sickness, please share. it's highly relevant to this thread...

charlie boy is a creeper...i'm sorta flattered
    Last edited by RdHrshyKss; 24-11-10 at 10:19 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I don't use meds either. When I started to use some, I couldn't stop to be sick for few years ,now I'm antibioticfree since 12 months and also , I was sick just two times since then , but a simple caugh siroup (lol) helped. Of course it took longer than normally, but it really works. Well, siroup and lots of fluids
    Well there are herbal mixtures that are pretty ****ing magical hehe, my father used to do me some. They were ****ing disgusting to drink, epecially without a sugar, but I tell you, until I went to a doctor once I was 14-15 yo, I was getting sick once a year.After that, I couldn't stop to be sick for few years, constantly sick sinuses, tonsillitis or constant UTI for 2 years ( !! ) that none of few doctors couldn't cure it until I met the right one who gave me the right medicine. Yadda,yadda, meds are evil. Don't use anything unless you REALLY need it .
    I wazzzz here

there was one particular natural syrup i had. i believe it was planetary herbals' old indian wild cherry bark syrup. that worked pretty well with coughs and sore throat. i haven't been able to find it anymore though

i stay away from most of the medicines for colds/flu and things like that. i get pretty bad allergies when i go home and visit family (pets) so i take claritin. and if i have a headache (which i don't get too often anymore) i might take an aspirin.

i used to get headaches pretty often, and i didn't like the idea of having to take aspirin or things like that regulary, so i ended up going to chiropractor. headaches started to go away after a few weeks. granted, when you first start seeing a chiropractor, they set it up so that you have to keep going. i stopped going after awhile, but i might go back again eventually.

i heard that acupuncture works wonders with allergies. my coworker stands by it. she gets pretty bad allergies and she said they've become a lot less severe after she started going. i'm nervous about acupuncture though, a part of me wants to give it a try, but being stuck with needles sorta freaks me out lol.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Natural syroup hmm...Try onion syroup Cut onion , put it into to a jar and put some sugar on the onion and wait few days . It's not as disgusting as it sounds The siroup is pretty good and it helps too.

and don't make yourself feel bad because you take aspirin or allergy meds I take it too. Hell, I take hormon pills everyday The thing you have to watch out for are atibiotics, they can mes up your immune system like shit ( if used wrong) . Watch out cause some doctors like to prescribe antibiotics like it were some ****ing candies.

Dunno nothing about acupuncture , but I also never really had really bad allergies. Dunno
    I wazzzz here

i'll have to try that onion syrup thing sometime. sounds interesting.

i just want to note that i just drank some pure cranberry juice (the really strong stuff) and mixed it in with some bubbly water. my stomach has been bothering me for some reason, and this seems to be helping me out a lot.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most Boring Thread Ever.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmm and so what? You don't have to post here ,right?
    I wazzzz here

lol, happy thanksgiving charlie boy

Wow, I just bought some oregano oil and I only use it topically. It burns like hell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast