+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cooking?

Cooking?

If you were say, at a party and just met this guy who was cooking something in the kitchen and he asked you to help him cook something as a way of breaking the ice, would you think that's cute or lame? I'm starting to learn to cook some stuff recently and I find it pretty fun, and I sort of thought it's a good idea to break the ice with a girl you want to talk to in the future. Thoughts to this approach?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd only not be interested if I didn't like you or felt like I HAD to. Otherwise yes, it's a good ice breaker just ask properly! Like make a joke about not having enough hands to do eveything blah blah blah would she care to lend one?

If that situation so happens i can see it working.. just don't sit in the kitchen wait for all the girls to walk in there, get in the action elsewhere as well!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it's a great idea.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I think of parties I think of alcohol, people smoking and/or consuming unmentionables in the basement, girls in various states of undress grinding against each other. Who's got time to cook in that kind of environment? You're a young guy, aren't you? I can't imagine you're having dignified dinner parties and BBQs.

In the latter cases it would be cool. In the former, not so much. Cooking is awesome. It's one of the best ice breakers there is, and I've yet to find a better way to get a girl over to my house and make her comfortable and willing than to suggest we cook dinner together at my place. Just not at a party.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein