+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with my friend. I don't know how to confront her

In love with my friend. I don't know how to confront her

Hi everyone.

I have had deep feelings for a close friend of mine for a few years now.

A couple of years she broke up with her boyfriend and our relationship grew and something could've eventuated. During this time I was told not to go further by a friend of mine as he “knew” she only wanted friendship. So because of that and the overriding fear I had of losing her as a friend stopped me. Within a few months she started seeing another guy. The relationship lasted two years and now she is single again.

During the time she was with her boyfriend she told me that she was "in love with me" and kept telling me how important I was to her. Now she tells me she loves me more than I would ever know and that she misses me even though it would be a few days since I'd seen her. At the same time she'd go off and dance with other guys in front of me in a club and look at me in the process, which really infuriates me.

Is this all a game she is playing to just try and get some attention from me? Is she trying to get a reaction out of me because she knows how I feel? Or does she genuinely feel this way?

How do I confront her and tell her? I've known her for ages and I don't want to lose her as a friend. But I also don't want to miss out on another opportunity to be with her. I'm also slowly starting to learn that this guy who made me told me not to say anything may have a thing for her too.

Any help would be great.

She is playing you. It is nice to have you there, a guy who loves her and will always be there BUT she doesn't see you as romantic material, if she did, she would have done something about it and made a move not gone off with other guys. She is playing a game, so just find a girl who wants YOU. Dont keep wasting your time, unrequited love, we all been there

Quote Originally Posted by hello1 View Post
    She is playing you. It is nice to have you there, a guy who loves her and will always be there BUT she doesn't see you as romantic material, if she did, she would have done something about it and made a move not gone off with other guys. She is playing a game, so just find a girl who wants YOU. Dont keep wasting your time, unrequited love, we all been there
    although i definitely do agree with this i would also add, its better to regret something you have done, then to regret something you haven't.

don't be really weird and clingy and tell her how you can't live without her, and dont get pissed and try and kiss her. just state a subdued set of feelings you have, but don't make it into a big deal, just tell her and see if she feels the same.... if she doesn't then deal with it, don't bring it up again, move on and just be a friend. if you tell her right, then it should be easy to laugh it off and keep to your own if she's not up for it....

thats what i'd do personally. tried it twice.... didn't work once, and we laughed it off a week later ... worked once and were together for the best few years of my life ....

If she felt the same, something would have happened long before now I think.
    She was with another guy and telling you that she loved you? Then if she loved you, why was she with the other guy?

You should also never ever take any notice of what other people may say to you. If you want to go after, then go after her...take no notice of what your so called friend says.