+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does he start the conversation and then ignore me?

Why does he start the conversation and then ignore me?

This guy I have been talking to online is acting very odd, his behaviour is frustrating me!
    He will send me a message and start a conversation, and when I reply to his message attempting to keep the conversation going he just stops responding and he ignores me.
    He has been doing this for the last few weeks, if he does not want to talk to me then why does he bother starting a conversation. Does he not understand how hurtful it is to just ignore someone for no reason?
    Also, he talks to other people on the site but he ignores me for days, and then acts like nothing happened!
    Why do you think he does this, is he playing some kind of a game and what should I do about it?

Maybe someone he finds more interesting, or he has known longer than you is appearing online and he's running off to chat to them.

Are you messaging him more than just "Yeah" "haha i know" or the really annoying, "lol."? Cause If your giving him a good conversation he's prob going to acknowledge you more. I have plenty of girls i try and start a convo with and they just do those three things. It's very annoying especially when I'm trying to get to know a little about them.

But If you are giving him a good convo but he still does these things It's possible that someone grabbed his entire attention and you slipped his mind.

He is probaly chatting with others also

Quote Originally Posted by Tcab969 View Post
    Are you messaging him more than just "Yeah" "haha i know" or the really annoying, "lol."? Cause If your giving him a good conversation he's prob going to acknowledge you more. I have plenty of girls i try and start a convo with and they just do those three things. It's very annoying especially when I'm trying to get to know a little about them.

But If you are giving him a good convo but he still does these things It's possible that someone grabbed his entire attention and you slipped his mind.

I HATE that. It just makes me feel like they don't want to talk, so I leave them alone. It's very irritating.

Maybe he just gets bored with you. Or maybe he really does get caught up with something else! Do what I do when someone kind of disses me in a convo. Let THEM start it up next time, and then leave them waiting. Keep doing this, and if they ask why you're behaving this way, just say 'I've been busy.' Usually they put more effort in to their conversations afterwards.
    Last edited by warriormaiden; 25-11-10 at 08:18 AM.

I wouldn't entetain someone like that, that cut me off in mid conversation. If they came back to talk, they'd be waiting for a reply forever.

Too many men, so little time, lol

Lmao thats why i do one on one convo. Ya, i dont tolerate peeps who multiime. Urghhhhh!

if its over im, i think its a bit much to get mad at him taking forever to respond. (im slow too on that stuff, i may be in a different room,etc) If you want a conversation that wont get interrupted like that, call him up. Or if that wont work, let him be aware that it bugs the hell out of you at least.

Because you two see your communication in a different way. He obviously doesn't give it as much attention as yo do. As I told in your previous thread, find a way to be on the same page. Don't torture yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll View Post
    Because you two see your communication in a different way. He obviously doesn't give it as much attention as yo do. As I told in your previous thread, find a way to be on the same page. Don't torture yourself.
    I think you are completely right; I obviously value our conversations way more than he does. He probably just sees me as someone he can talk too when he is bored (and here I am like you said torturing myself waiting for him to reply)

I'm glad if you found my comment helpful. I am not blaming you, but you are too emotionally invested in it. And you can't expect it from him on such stage. Meet up and see what happens, if you can. Or let it go, because it is not good for you at all.
    Last edited by RockNRoll; 26-11-10 at 01:01 AM.