+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Teacher crush

Teacher crush

See I too have girl troubles but this is no ordinary girl (Never heard that one before right?) but this is because the said girl/lady is actually a teacher. Before you jump down my throat let me just explain the back story to you. So I'm currently 18, just finished high school and about to do my final exam but over my study break there has been one thing on my mind the whole time - my teacher. She has taught me English/Media Studies for a total of 4 years now, on the first year she was only a student teacher but I still think that counts.

I came into her class with a bad attitude towards school and was considering dropping out to become a mechanic because school just wasn’t working out for me. This would have been a terrible decision because I would have only been ~14 at the time. Now looking back on it I can truly understand what a true saviour she was to me and possibly why I feel so strongly towards her. So before attending her classes I had to go to an external English help center/centre because I was failing that bad. To cut a long story short, 4 years later and I’m getting ‘Excellences’ consistently (In New Zealand this is the highest mark you can get, we use a system called NCEA and it goes like this: Not Achieved, Achieved, Merit then Excellence) This is could be due to large number of factors, whether it be me focusing immensely in her classes or the fact that I didn’t skip a single period/class all year. I don’t care, the point is that I have the biggest respect for her and am attracted to her even though I know it is morally very wrong and fully against what society believes in.

Over the last 4 years she has been always in the back of my mind and I’m not afraid to admit that even in relationships with other women, I still just couldn’t stop thinking about her. I understand that this is very disrespectful and that I should have ended the relationship but sometimes it is nice to have the security of a girlfriend. She was everything I wanted, she fitted my perfect description of an extremely attractive female but I just felt a special something towards her. She is only 26 and I’ve been with her since she started teaching, which is probably why I can relate to her so much because she is on my level yet still mature enough to be successful in life. For the record she was really inspirational to me and I’m now going to be going to University next year, in the hope that I can someday be someone as cool as her.

So it was approaching the end of high school for me. I made an effort to gather memories of her in forms such as: getting a picture with her, her signing my yearbook and exchanging emails. This was all fine and good but now I so often find myself looking over these items which are ever so precious to me. Gazing over these and it is not long before I find myself getting teary eyes or wishing I had more time to spend with her. To make things worse she recently sent me an email thanking me for everything over the last couple years and wishing me the best for the future.

You would think that this would be closure for me but I just can’t seem to escape the constant need to relieve memories. Before you ask, no I have not had a sexual relationship with this women and will not ever post the photos of me and her. Thanks for reading this story so far, since I know it might seem pretty cliche or whatever but this is a real problem to me.

So now it is your turn. I only ask for advice to get over her or ways to move on. I’ve asked a few friends the same question but got generally pretty immature answers because I have been talking about her for like 4 years now, so they probably just assume I’m joking. I’m not. I’ve had responses like: bang her in the science room, stalk her, rip up the photos and delete the emails, focus on another women, work out, pick up a new time-consuming hobby and everything in between.

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong thread or whatever because I only just joined this forum

(Hi HRF.eu)
    Last edited by aFakeName; 25-11-10 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aFakeName View Post
    So now it is your turn. I only ask for advice to get over her or ways to move on. I’ve asked a few friends the same question but got generally pretty immature answers because I have been talking about her for like 4 years now, so they probably just assume I’m joking. I’m not. I’ve had responses like: bang her in the science room, stalk her, rip up the photos and delete the emails, focus on another women, work out, pick up a new time-consuming hobby and everything in between.
    I think the last advice your friends gave you can work for you. If you want to move on you need to re-focus your mind on something else, finding a new hobbie or working out can be those catalysts and help you if in nothing else then in a useful diversion. In most cases the most important factor is time, after a period of no contact with her you will slowly start to forget her.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Look, when I still had a heart capable of breaking all I ever needed to do to get over a girl was find another. It's just that easy. I want girl A, she turns me down. I hook up with the infinitely hotter girl B. I rub that in girl A's face and now she's the one feeling lonely.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Cheers for the responses so far guys. I do however think that making girl 'A' here be jealous would be an incredibly stupid thing to do, especially because I'm more so wanting closure and acceptance than getting someone else hurt but thank you Gribble.

In regard to just moving on, I can see it being a tough time for me because I'm in the holidays now and have got around 6 weeks to kill. I will be working full time however I can still see myself looking back on the last 4 years. Only time will tell I guess though and I'm hoping that I do meet someone else during the holiday time period to take my mind off the situation.

For the meantime does anyone have any recommendations of hobbies that could be used to kill time?

Quote Originally Posted by aFakeName View Post
    For the meantime does anyone have any recommendations of hobbies that could be used to kill time?
    Sporty, outdoor activities are a great way to refocus your mind. If you have good friends take them out to play soccer or tennis. If you prefer some time alone, then cycling for a few hours every so often is a great way to unwind.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I don't think that you'll find other advices than you already heard from your friends, because those are the things that work: give it a time, change your focus of attention to other activities, hobbies, work, study, going out, friends. And keep looking for the other girl, who will take that place in your heart.

Hey peoples. Thank you very much for the replies so far, I'm currently trying to find a new hobby to take my mind of things but can't really come up with much, so might just work out which is always good anyway. I probably won't return to this thread again but I would just like to let you know that your posts are appreciated and do mean a lot to someone like me in such a dilemma.

All the best, aFakeName.