+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I handle this?

How should I handle this?

I recently started seeing a fellow class mate. We have been in the same program now for a little over a year but have never hung out outside of class. She was engaged back in the summer and her fiancee cheated on her so the wedding didn't go through. She says she is attracted to me and I am "boyfriend material" but she is not ready for a relationship. We have already slept together. We act like a couple when we go out somewhere, just lack the title.

Should I still continue to hang out with her even though I want to be in a relationship and she doesn't? Or, should I give her space and see how she handles it? I really like her, but I don't want to just be a **** friend.

Thanks for any advice.

Don't stay in a situation, when two of you want different things. So clear up the situation and get to know what she wants.
    If you are acting like a couple, sleep together, what makes it not "relationship"? What would you like? Don't make it about title. Would you expect her to date someone else, what did she say about it?

She has told me to date other people eventhough I don't want to and I've told her this. She doesn't want to date anyone right now because she says she's not ready. My concern is that I'm going to end up in the 'friend zone'. I think she would want to be in a relationship if weren't in the same program where we see each other five days out of the week. I guess I just need to chill out and take it day by day.

she's offering for you to have your cake and eat it too. Don't be stupid and blow this

You are in the friends with benefits zone. Most guys would be cheering you on for being in such a situation. You are the rebound guy so don't hold your breath any longer, you are just a distraction. You can't change this to have it go the way you want it. Either take it or leave it. She's gonna be dating other guys anyway if she hasn't already.

She's not ready, dude. She's too recently out of a broken engagement to get close to anyone. You're her rebound, and there to keep her from feeling lonely. But even though she can have sex with you she can't get emotionally close.

So, follow her advice. Date others or keep busy with friends and hobbies and DO NOT pursue or smother her. In fact, pull away and play a little hard to get anytime it starts to feel like you two are getting close. Because if SHE feels like you're getting to close she'll run.

If you keep things casual and hopefully date around, she may come back to you when she's ready and say she wants to be exclusive with you. But that will only have a chance of happening if you play it cool.