+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I look this girl up I haven't seen for months?

Should I look this girl up I haven't seen for months?

I'll try and keep this brief but here it goes:
    At art college I met this girl I really liked but in the end I presumed we were just friends as she started seeing this other guy. It ended after a few months and thankfully nothing happened between them. That was late June. It's now November and I haven't seen her since then and I'm now at uni.

Every now and again the thought of her pops into my head out of nowhere. I still think about her despite the fact I haven't seen her for so long and I've been doing my best to forget about her by meeting other girls and enjoying myself but it's no use. I'm contemplating whether I should contact her over christmas. the only way I could do so is through facebook. We got on really well and I don't think I entered the friend zone.

I'm basically asking another girl's opinion. How would you feel if a guy contacted you on facebook that you hadn't seen for months and asked you to meet up?? This is the only way I could contact her so It sounds like it would feel a bit obscure and sudden. I'm trying to forget about her but over the last 2 months it's been rather futile as she's still in my head.

Should I get in touch with her over facebook and how should I do it?? What should I say??

Thanks

Just say I like you would you like to go out sometime.

I would like it to be that simply but asking a girl outl I haven't seen for 6 months via facebook. I haven't seen her in so long and I feel I can ask her out given the opportunity because I still think about her. But How would you feel if a guy you hadn't seen in half a year asked you out out of nowhere?? would it seem a bit weird to you??

And how should I do it? Would asking to meet her for a 'catch up' be a good way to go and just tell her how I feel.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just send her a message, make general chit chat and then see if she wants to meet for a drink. She will either say yes or no. Simples.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Red at Night View Post
    I would like it to be that simply but asking a girl outl I haven't seen for 6 months via facebook. I haven't seen her in so long and I feel I can ask her out given the opportunity because I still think about her. But How would you feel if a guy you hadn't seen in half a year asked you out out of nowhere?? would it seem a bit weird to you??

And how should I do it? Would asking to meet her for a 'catch up' be a good way to go and just tell her how I feel.
    I have and no I didn't find it weird. Girls like a guy with confidence. Take the other posters advice and ask her out for a drink. If she really likes you she will clear her calendar to make room for you. If she gets vague and makes excuses like she been so busy, then don't bother you were in the friends zone after all.

Thanks for the Info, I just needed a females input and any past experiences on the same matter.

I'm going to go for it, I hope it all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Red at Night View Post
    Thanks for the Info, I just needed a females input and any past experiences on the same matter.

I'm going to go for it, I hope it all goes well.
    Just to add a bit of male input, I've done what you're thinking of (contacted an old friend I had feelings for via Facebook) and it went quite well. I find that most women are flattered when an old friend contacts them to see how they've been. Hell, I'm flattered if an old friend contacts me!

That's good to hear. But did you ask her out while having a chat or just come right out and ask her. It's just asking some one out on facebook doesn't sound like the best approach and I've never tried it before (although it's the only way I can contact her). thanks for the info.

I'd think it'd be interesting if someone would contact me via Facebook; it would make more interested to see what's gonna happen next, and what will come out of it. I'd also be flattered, how Gratedwasabi said.
    And yeah, girls like confident men (probably not over-confident though). Hope it goes well!