+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he trying to get me to break up with him?

Is he trying to get me to break up with him?

My fiancée went from being really nice to really mean. It has been 5 years and all he talks about is getting married but when I start to talk about finishing school and starting a career he tells me that I am lame and should just relax. Easy for him to say! He has no job and I support him. All he does is talk crap, play video games and complain about not having good food in the house. WTF is he doing? It seems like he is already checked out and then he brings up the wedding that we can't even begin to afford. What is going on in his head?

You are hurting his male ego. In his mind when you talk of actually doing something with your life, you are showing him up. He feels you are stepping on him....now that's lame. Basically he feels very threatened, and rightfully so, because he is a good for nothing loser. Why the hell are you even considering marrying someone who has no ambition and is using you like a gravy train. It's time to kick him off the train and to the curb! You can do so much better hun. A break up will do you a world of good right about now.

Note: The talk of marriage is just that...talk. He is using that to keep you around, because it's what you want to hear. He has been stringing you along...he is a scub. Him being real mean is a precurser to what kind of husband he will make....a husband that will try to pound yourself esteem down to keep you in your place. Get out while you can.

Great comment smackie. I agree with both 100%. His comments to you are simply not logical. What will the two of you two when you just relax and can no longer support him. It sounds like he does not have a good grip on reality.

I agree with smackie.. 100% - no more comment to add to that!
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!