+ Follow This Topic

Thread: stay?

stay?

i'm in a long distance relationship for almost a year. we are 12 hours away. we have seen each other twice. he's a good nice man but there's just something about him that is making me try to hold back. one is , he's is not that attractive. and feel like i can't introduce him to my friends just yet. i want a man "who opens doors for you " , take my bag and carry it even if i can. he is not like this the last time we met. but then again we just met twice. i wanted to get out but a part of me is saying give him another chance. now we planned on see each other again next year but he got laid off. i want him to come to me. i went to him twice already. if you are in my shoes. what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowneon52 View Post
    i'm in a long distance relationship for almost a year. we are 12 hours away. we have seen each other twice. he's a good nice man but there's just something about him that is making me try to hold back. one is , he's is not that attractive. and feel like i can't introduce him to my friends just yet. i want a man "who opens doors for you " , take my bag and carry it even if i can. he is not like this the last time we met. but then again we just met twice. i wanted to get out but a part of me is saying give him another chance. now we planned on see each other again next year but he got laid off. i want him to come to me. i went to him twice already. if you are in my shoes. what do you do?
    I would ask him to come and see you since you already made the effort to see him. 12 hours is a long way.... As far as looks are concerned - yes, they are important, but more important is that he treats you as well as you treat him. Character is important also. You only seen each other 2 times, give him a chance, hopefully he will come and see you. It's only fair.

give him that chance, get to know him better. he may not be the perfect ideal guy that you want but who knows what is in him that can swoon your heart with delight <3
    http://www.antileon-ent.com/sex

i would think the 12 hour drive would be the deal breaker. to me that is the realistic reason to no go out with someone, not because he isn't knock dead gorgeous (I'm assuming he is average) and not because he doesn't open doors so you may enter through them without having to exert a muscle. relationships arent built on such superficial things.

my question is maybe you need to look at yourself and analyze why you cant find a boyfriend closer than 12 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by reeba View Post
    i would think the 12 hour drive would be the deal breaker. to me that is the realistic reason to no go out with someone, not because he isn't knock dead gorgeous (I'm assuming he is average) and not because he doesn't open doors so you may enter through them without having to exert a muscle. relationships arent built on such superficial things.

my question is maybe you need to look at yourself and analyze why you cant find a boyfriend closer than 12 hours away.
    never had a long distance relationship before...was hesitant at first but still i got into it and he's a really nice guy to waste

Looks are important to you other wise you would never have mentioned it. It is important to me too so I know where you are coming from. 12 hours is a long time for me but I know other people who have made it work but she would have to be pretty damn hot and the whole ball of wax on top off that. Too all you women and carrying bags. It is the right thing for a man to offer to carry the bags but if you want a happy boyfriend or husband help him with the bags. Yes it is his turn to come to you. I have been in a long distance relationship and one of the main reasons I ended it was that it was her turn and she wanted me to go to her again. Sorry but he has to fit himself into your life as well as you fitting yourself in his.

Looks are only skin deep