+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys' Signals

Guys' Signals

Hi, this is my first post here and I need some help.

Well... I met this guy at work last year. He was transfered to my office. I had no interest in him at first but it gradually grew in me. So these are some of what happened between us:

At one night at a party, he drank and was kind of drunk and when I came out of the rest room and he was there. There was a sofa and we both sat there and started talking. Then he tilted his head and ended up putting his head on my laps. And then he sat straight and pointed me to do the same thing on his lap and I did so. Then he touched my hair and nothing more. After we got back to the room where everyone was there, he gave me another drink and also he tried to give me some ice cubes which he had in his mouth. I got them and ate them, gross as it may seem for you guys...

At another party, I asked him to take a walk to another place while the other people used a taxi to get there. I told him it was cold, he grabbed my hand and tried to make it warm. We started talking about each other's relationship and I told him I had never been kissed, then he said he would be the first one to do it. But I didn't make it occur because I knew it was a joke. It was after the walk that I told him I liked him. He didn't answer and the conversation ended because we arrived at the next place and everyone else was there.

A few days later, he texted me and asked me to meet him. He told me he had a girlfriend and said he was wondering if he HAD TO marry her, though their relationship was not good. I told him I might wait for him.

What do you think about this? Why did he do things like these? Does he like me? Is he interested in me? Or was he just drunk? Are you guys like this when you are drunk? I still can't forget about him.

*This may not be clear enough for you to get to know about us but it would get too long...

i don't know, from what you've said it kind of sounds like he is playing with you or trying to take advantage of you because of your inexperience. i wouldn't pursue him any further.

He really does like you and he's trying to figure out if you like him as much as he does. He is confused as to what to do because it's difficult to end a long term relationship. So a lot of his comments is based on fear of what to do. To avoid "being played" or if he chooses to not break up his GF, I agree with the other poster, don't proceed any further....that means keeping those legs closed, etc. If he is the type to see someone behind his GF's back then he isn't worth dating if this is how he is when dealing with getting out of a relationship he no longer wants to be in. That's pretty lame. If you want to give him a little push you should have told him you will not wait forever.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't look for signals. Guys don't give signals. If I want you, you'll know it because my hand is all over your ass and I'm asking you to come back to my place. You aren't going to pick up signals by watching my eyes or dissecting my speech. Men are to the point.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

This man is a flirt and very intested flirty men are not always the best men like attention

Run the other way. If you had some deep conversation that lasted all night then maybe. Think about it. You where drinking and you shared ice cubes. That is not much of a connection other than you both like ice cubes and booz.

First of all, thank you so much for reading and replying for my post. I really appreciate it!

I know deep inside that it's not going to be what I want it to be, but maybe I need to hear it from him.
    We don't work at the same office now because he was transfered again for this year. But we still hanged(hung?) out this summer with other teachers of our age at his place... We talked on the phone when we failed the exam again this year... He has my book and a DVD that I lent to him, which he doens't try to give back to me when he can (he may be just lazy)... The other day he texted me to ask me a favor of him, but it's about work. I feel he kind of makes use of me.

I may have a chance to meet him this weekend and maybe I should end this by having him say he doesn't have a feeling for me...