+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl went Cold. Now appears to be Warm again. Need advice on move

Girl went Cold. Now appears to be Warm again. Need advice on move

So initially i went out with this HB9 we hit it off right away had 2 dates really quick. then had 2 more spread out over a couple weeks both ending in heavy makeout sessions. Every date went really well she was paying for everything, laughing at all my jokes, it seemed like i had it all. However, it has been close to 2 months since we have hungout. During those 2 months we have been talking back and forth.

However, during this time gap i was trying to game her with some over the top cheesy cocky and funny texts. When i did these to ask her out, she was not responsive or had super delayed responses that didnt go anywhere. So i kind of wrote her off. Had about 2 weeks of no contact. Then Thxgiving arrived. I sent out a fake mass text to her saying happy tgiving and all. she instant replied then i started flirting with her over the course of the afternoon teasing her about her long last name (she was into it) and she was super responsive (texting back very quickly compared to where i was 2 weeks prior). I ended the convo on a high note saying i had to go eat.

I knew she was a shopaholic so i texted her the day after black friday saying
    Me "so you pick up any sick deals on black friday blah blah?
    Hb "Totally! but i go mostly for the people watching, i rarely buy anything"
    Me"Im the same way blah blah blah"
    Me " Whats been new with you latey? u end up getting that surgery you were dreading?" (double text is bad i know)
    Hb:"Ooo not too much! and no! i dodge a bullete and i ended up not needing it at the last second"
    me: " what a relief! im going to be down in (her town) for some workstuff on tues.. i will be needing a drink after obviously. U need to come!"
    Hb: "hahaha i got my fake confiscated at the bars trying a new one out"
    me: "omg that sucks blah blah well i guess we will have to put this new one to the test haha"
    (5 hours later) (this time gap wasnt a big deal to me cause i felt i had closed the convo)
    hb: hahah it sucks!
    (convo closed)

3am the same night i drunkinly text
    me: " (mutual friend) is totally wasted just like at (another friends bday party). soo funny
    Hb: "ahaha. ohh man" <-- another quick response

she was responding between 10-20 mins a text and i was responding at 30-45 min gaps. This is uncharateristic of the past month or so where if i got a response it would be 6 to a couple days later. Her responses did not indicate a high degree of investment, but the fact that she was responding fast, using a bunch of "hahas", sad faces seems like a slight ioi. Im kind of wondering where to take it from here. It doesnt seem like a got a solid yes, but it doesnt seem like she is blowing me off. This WAS the kind of girl that didnt respond to my C+F texts ( " if we dont hang out soon im gonna have to cheat on u blah blah" and " hey wifey, im wondering what to tell the kids blah blah) BTW The story about the fake ID being taken is 100% true, confirmed by a mutual friend.

I was thinking about texting her on the tuesday that i want her to come out with me. Trying to think of a good way to do it. Ive realized now that she is super responsive when im just being me, nothing cheesy. Also it seems that using an opener is a lot more effective because when i would just text about hanging out without starting a convo, i wouldnt get a response.

So my proposed text for tonight/tuesday

Opener ??? trying to think of one, dont want it to be super C+F or something that looks to pre planned (even tho it is haha)

Confirm/invite "Im done with this work thing at ___ u need to come with me to (resturant) tonight."

Please give me some advice on guaging her interest level/investment level by the text dialog. Then how to take it to the next level and get this date in the books.

Ask her to hang out with you in a natural way, no need to preplan your texting(this makes me think you're going to fail miserably). Anyway, just keep it light and don't show too much interest in her, just try to match her level of interest. If she doesn't go further than making out with you, stop calling her and let her do the chasing, while you start looking for other girls(this girl sounds like won't want you to walk away from her, unless she tells you to).

Stop reading PUA shit and act like a normal human being.

Also, if a guy asked me out by saying anything like "you need to come with me," I'd be pretty turned off and the answer would be "No. Stop contacting me."

So i called, she answered. talked for about 10 mins, then told her i was going to be at ___ at ___ time. you wanna join me? (prolly should have been more "commanding") She goes blah blah i have a mentor program and we are going for coffee (shady, said it was a chick). Then i go " well the only other times im free is ___ and i have an extra tick to the ___ game if u fancy" she goes people got fired at work for smoking pot so now i have to work the rest of the week 5-10pm. This has to be legit cause it would be to easy for me to find out if she is lying.

Then she goes ill text u if me and the person im mentoring dont go for coffee. so i go yeah just let me know and we will go from there.

Now im 95% sure she isnt going to text me. Im basically calling it quits. I figure that she showed some interest over the last week (quick text response(diff from normal) and actually picking up the phone (diff from normal) id like to think she isnt just being nice, i reciprocated by asking her out. If she wants me she can come get me.

I dont think it would be a goood idea to send a text asking if we are on tonight if she said she would. Right???

Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ajohnson View Post
    I dont think it would be a goood idea to send a text asking if we are on tonight if she said she would. Right???

Thoughts
    No, you shouldnt call. If you had respect for her you would leave her alone until she does call you. BTW, your "C+F texts" would turn me off in an instant.. I dont know about her, but that would be a no go right then and there.

You try way, way too hard in your texts and conversations with her. Way too hard.

If you want a woman to go to dinner with you you say "Would you go to ___ with me at __?" Simple. Don't play around with it, don't try to "make it sound like you" just ask if she'll go to dinner with you. If she makes an excuse that she can't make that time, you say "Oh, no problem, what day and time would be better for you?" Done. You either get a date or she doesn't want to go on a date with you. Very straightforward.

Leave her alone, you're being a little obsessive and creepy.

Also, keep in mind that some women make out with guys and then decide it's not going to work. First date, second date, etc. For some women it's a test to see if you're compatible. Sounds like you didn't match what she was looking for. Not your fault, just let it go.
    Last edited by Gratedwasabi; 01-12-10 at 04:45 PM.