+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she playing games or does she like me?

bobnoname426 Guest

Is she playing games or does she like me?

I can't seem to figure this girl out and it's driving me nuts.

In the past the following has happened:
    1. She's kept eye contact as she walks past me
    2. She always looks at me then does a quick look away
    3. She often 'likes' my facebook statuses.
    4. Does "quick looks" at me if I'm sitting down with my friends and she's walking past in the distance.
    5. At a club meeting, she was sitting up in her seat with her body facing me and her head resting on her palm looking at me... when I saw her looking at me she moved her eyes away, but kept her body facing me.

I've spoken to this girl in person and on facebook a little bit. The only problem is that we both have hard majors with a large amount of school work and we don't have any classes together.

I asked out my crush to a basketball game (since she likes sports) and she said "it was sweet of me to ask her and that she would "love to go". Two days after saying this to me, she came up to me in the lunch line in the college cafeteria and and proceeded to "flirt" with me. She occasionally tilted her head, her body was facing me, and she would smile and have little laughs under her breath.

After I asked her out, she completely stopped 'liking' my statuses on facebook.
    Sometimes, if I text her "have a good weekend" or something along those lines she will not respond to them.

Over thanksgiving break, I called her and ended up leaving a voice mail for her to call me back... since I had not given her the details of our date to her other than what day it was.
    After about three days I texted her "hey what's up?" since I hadn't heard from her... she responded that she was very busy and hadn't had the time to call me... I understand this as it was the holidays and she hasn't seen some people in a very long time. We then proceeded to have a very nice texting conversation... soon I brought up the date and the day it was taking place... she then texted me back "Why did I know something like this would happen. my mom only told me on thanksgiving that my cousin's baby shower is that day. I'm so sorry." This message was sent two days before we returned to school.

The first night back on campus I saw her in the cafteria... she looked at me like she always does and then walked to her table as always.

For some reason though, she didn't seem to be ignoring me or avoiding me.

Today I sent her a text asking how she is and she didn't respond.

Also, I decided to do this "Candy gram" thing through my school with a message...she should be getting it by the end of this week. Do you think she will respond?

What is the deal here?

aw the poor dear

it sounds like she is really fancying you but is deadly nervous. so it's a push and pull situation i reckon.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

bobnoname426 Guest
    Does she/did she like me? Should I continue to pursue her?

well just be prepared to be rejected coz her nervousness may take over but if you have a strong self esteem and can take it then yeh keep trying
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

bobnoname426 Guest
    Was the candy gram a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by bobnoname426 View Post
    Was the candy gram a bad idea?
    I'm going to have a different reaction to your post then eco and suggest you might be coming on a little strong. I definitely wouldn't have sent something to her after she ignored a text. Shyness doesn't explain not answering a text nor does being busy (ie.. anyone can take 15 seconds at some point of a day to reply to a text.) I'd back off. If she likes you she'll text you at some point, but let her make the next move; you've already showed your interest.

bobnoname426 Guest
    Does is sound like she has any interest or am I wasting my time?

Quote Originally Posted by bobnoname426 View Post
    Does is sound like she has any interest or am I wasting my time?
    Back off. Wait. If she texts you without prompting, she has interest. You've made your interest known, no reason to try and push it. Just try to relax for a week, focus on other things, and if no text in a week then no, she doesn't.

Just looking at you doesn't necessarily mean anything. I look at lots of people for various reasons; people I work with whom I have no interest in but always have a strange expression or seem to have something on their mind or their hair looks different every day, etc etc.

its obvious she like you back

she has something for you, but whether she is willing to take it to the next level is something else. you are ready, but for girls, they tend to think more, whether they are ready for love or not etc etc. like what the others said, be patient, wait awhile, but if nothing happens, back off. don't push her too hard, and don't be too harsh on yourself! let go if you don't get the desired response. you have lots of time in future!^^