+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love at first date?

Love at first date?

Hello ladies.

So, I'm kind of on a posting spree here but I have a question I thought would be good for discussion.

Recently I went on a first date with a woman I'd met over the internet (which I've done a couple times when I've gotten too busy to go out and socialize and always had awful success.) A couple things. I had absolutely no faith in it being fun at all (I was actually really close to canceling) and if I was to pick, in order, out of a lineup of 10 women based solely on appearance she wouldn't be the last but she'd be somewhere in the middle.

Despite this, the date was incredible. Mind-boggling good. We have a lot of very important things in common (both very career based, in similar fields, and both absolutely fascinated by what the other does) but enough different that it's quite interesting. After probably 5 minutes I completely changed my mindset from middle of the lineup to "first and wave goodbye to the rest." Just the way she acted, her smile, her laugh, body language, the way she looked at me, completely changed the way I perceived her appearance.

What I'm trying to get at is she instantly became one of my favorite people (in terms of how enjoyable it is to talk to her and be around her) and I find her unbearably attractive (ie it takes much restraint to keep my hands off of her.) I'm not in love with her, obviously, but I'm just wondering if any of you have had a first date like that, where you just seem perfect for each other, and how it turned out?

Just curious about women's feelings towards how things work out with such a strong connection from the get-go. I've since tempered my enthusiasm to avoid being quite so giddy about it but I'm hoping it turns into something.

Yes! I have had that exact same first date. Met a guy on the internet, liked him but he was very quiet on the phone so I wasn't sure, thought he was nice-looking but not the very hottest guy I'd seen. And yes, over that first date, he got more attractive to me the entire time and it went very well. We really connected and I could tell he felt the same.

So how did it go? After 2 more dates, I got cold feet because of the recentness of my divorce, was afraid to get too serious. I told this guy I wasn't ready to date anyone, and he shocked me by saying no problem and asking me to still come with him if I wanted to as a friend to a concert. It was during that non-date that I realized I couldn't not date him, I needed to know where this might lead. So I talked to him about it 2 days later and we started dating again. Four months later, it gets better every day. I am extremely hopeful that this might be my happily ever after. I hope yours develops just the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Take2 View Post
    Yes! I have had that exact same first date. Met a guy on the internet, liked him but he was very quiet on the phone so I wasn't sure, thought he was nice-looking but not the very hottest guy I'd seen. And yes, over that first date, he got more attractive to me the entire time and it went very well. We really connected and I could tell he felt the same.

So how did it go? After 2 more dates, I got cold feet because of the recentness of my divorce, was afraid to get too serious. I told this guy I wasn't ready to date anyone, and he shocked me by saying no problem and asking me to still come with him if I wanted to as a friend to a concert. It was during that non-date that I realized I couldn't not date him, I needed to know where this might lead. So I talked to him about it 2 days later and we started dating again. Four months later, it gets better every day. I am extremely hopeful that this might be my happily ever after. I hope yours develops just the same!
    That's a fantastic story! Very happy for you! And you give hope to all us hopeless romantics out there.