+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bc side effects

bc side effects

lately my girlfriend has been complaining of an upset stomach, cramping, and sore breasts...i'm pretty sure that it aint pregnancy because she had her period and we've only done it once since her last period. i was wondering if any of you has ever had this problem while taking birth control.

anybody? cause im getting worried about her

When I was on the pill a while back, I would get some of these symptoms during the month but nothing severe. It only lasted a little while and once I was on it a couple of months, I was ok. My breasts were sore more then usual but that was me. Every woman is different. Since she is on the pill, she must have a gyno. Tell her to go talk to her gyno about her problems and I'm sure they will be able to tell her what's wrong. In the case of this post, not too many people are going to be able to give you definite answers. Only a doctor will give you that kind of reassurance. Good luck.

"We can live like Jack and Sally if we want.
    Where you can always find me
    And we'll have Halloween on Christmas
    And in the night we'll wish this never ends
    We'll wish this never ends..."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well you're pretty much placing more estrogen into her body and like any other excess of something, it will have its side effects. however they will subside as she gets used to them.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I'd get her to go and get it checked out. When I started on the pill I got really depressed - it wasn't a happy time for me and my b'friend. Then my doctor changed me to a different one and it's really good. I think it's a question of trial and error till you hit the right formula for her body.

yes...there are many side affects but poet it right most of them are nothing to big although if they start to get worse and wont stop i suggest getting her cheaked out
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

i had problems like that the first time i was on the pill. after that i went to my doctor and he put me on a pill of a lower dosage. and i've been fine ever since. i have no clue if it effected me like that b/c i am so little..... just tell her to talk to her doc. about it.

let's take into account the fact that you CAN get your period when you're pregnant.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

steve is totally right. my sister's friend got it for 3 months and then finally after getting sick all the time and starting to gain a bit of weight she decided to take a pregnancy test. she was shocked to find out she was like almost 3 and a half months pregnant. a woman i work with got it her whole pregnancy she said. so don't always assume just b/c you got it ur in the clear. although it is usually a little different than normal if you get it while you are pregnant. IE....it may be way shorter, lighter, and a different color.

my advice to you is just to have hear talk to her doctor. you could always take a home pregnancy test on your own just for your own peace of mind, but i definately think she needs to do something

BC pills make me super sick- I can't take them anymore- have her talk to her doc about alternate forms of BC also- I think the patch has a fairly low hormone level and they now have a pill that only allows 4 periods a yr- maintaining a more constant hormone balance
    It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true.
    --Henry Kissinger

i'm not so sure about the patch. i had 2 friends that were on it and it was ALWAYS falling off after like 4 days. we talked to my neighbor about it b/c he is a pharmacist and he said that it's fine if it falls off. i guess there should already be enough in your system to last you to the next patch. i'm such a worry wort, so i would have to make sure it stayed on the whole time.

I'd go depro-vera shots.

Rod Steele

PS - Or rather I guess I should say I'd want 'my girl' to go depro-vera shots.