+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Caught in a Love War

Caught in a Love War

I had met this girl 6 months ago, we had 3 months talking while i was in Fort Leonardwood, kind a like a long distance contact. she liked me and i liked her, i came back, we hang out we hold hands and hug, took her to disney...she told me to make a wish, she turned around and kissed me. 3 weeks later she tells me that she cant keep doing it no more, she says shes numb, she cant feel love, when she kissed me she was caught up on the moment.

A background of her story, she has been recently out of a 2 year relationship, this guy treated her like crap, he would walk away from her, not care about her, and before they broke up he said "just go to hell already" to her.
    she spend 2 years of her life not able to go out and have fun with her friends, not able to talk to anyone, she dropped out of high school just for him in the 10th grade, he was her addiction.

Right before we broke up she said this to me, that she feels stupid for letting me go, i heard that she said im one of the most amazing guys out their, that no one has ever treated her or cared about her like i had, she tells me this, to go off and date other people not to wait or be stuck around her, that i deserve better, that she has it in conscious of what shes telling me, that she'll regret of losing someone so nice and sweet like me.

Ive been here trying to win her heart, writing her dozens of peoms on any random days and just being here for her, helping her out for her future, ive just been showing her that i want to be more than just friends...

ok now, she know that everything i do i do it for a reason shes that type of girl that she can tell why im doing lil things for, ive been seeing this girl everyday for almost a month now again, and i never lost contact of her, she has recently invited me to Mexico to meet her whole family and her grandma, ive never done this much to show this girl how real i am... if i ever move on or try it with another girl i know she will be like well he seems happier with her or him doing his thing so i wont bother him no more...

and what i want it to have something special with this girl, ive done more than anything to show her my care in this world, she is confused, numb, but then again ive heard things like, my best friend told this "dont say anything but i asked her if she would go out with that guy, and she said yes"

Ive been knowing this girl for 6 months now, I really love this girl...What should i do...? =/

You should move on. This is no way for you to live, there is not even a good chance that this will end happily for you. There are other girls you could love who will love you, too. Let go, grieve a bit, and move on.

This isn't just any love war, this is like Afghanistan, where any possible victory will be undermined at every turn by a corrupt government. You know for sure that she has broken up with you, but the real reason could be worse than what she said. She might be getting back together with that jerk, or maybe a new jerk who makes her feel like the ex made her feel at first. Or she has some other dark secret. The important thing is that she is pushing you away because she knows that she will hurt you soon if you stick around. Take the hint and move on, there are other women who will treat you more fairly.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Lb, big red flag. She is not ready for a relationship. Listen when she pushes you away. If you keep trying to pursue there is a chance she will be ok when she learns to trust you, but it won't be an easy road. If you aren't in too deep I'd look for someone whose heart is available.

havne't you heard the old cliche break up lines - it's not you, it's me - you are too good for me, you deserve someone better. she is breaking up with you the way many people do, politely, so they don't feel bad.

there is NO secret code in her break up speech where she thinks you are suppose to be the champion and sweep her back off her feet. simply put, she broke up with you politely