+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't use Orbitz.com to schedule your flight.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Don't use Orbitz.com to schedule your flight.

They charged my g/f twice and they still have not admitted they have done it. She called 3 times and it took a supervisor to give her an answer, and still I don't think the money will be credited back.

Apparently, googling that, a lot of people have had this issue with them.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell her to tell her credit card that there was an erroneous charge.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Call orbitz. Talk to a supervisor. Tell them you'll file a lawsuit if they don't refund the money they erroneously charged. Call centers are designed to funnel you through numerous people until you give up. If you request a supervisor they have to put one on and they'll refuse to fix it 2 or 3 times before they'll instantly make it right. Policy. They're also not allowed to hang up on you unless you get abusive. Stay calm, tell them they made a mistake and you'll file a lawsuit if necessary. Don't take no for an answer and eventually they'll say yes.

Orbitz is shady.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's the problem.

She paid with her DEBIT card.

I kept telling her to get a credit card because they're more secure.

I lost my banks debit card once and it ended up in somebody's hands.

Thankfully they tried to withdraw cash through an ATM first before they tried to use it as a VISA. The card got locked up.

This is more of a hassle because her funds have been totally removed. The bank of course doesn't want to credit her back the money because they don't know if they'll get the money.

I never had a problem with Orbitz before, but now I know they're a bunch of crooks. Just google "orbitz double charged me" and you'll see my g/f is definitely not the only one.

They steal your money then try to make it look like you were the one that made a mistake.

That really sucks!! I hope that she can get everything straighten out soon in her favor.

Are you sure one of those charges isn't just an authorization hold, not an actual charge?

Bunch of crooks. Don't give up - call them every day and hopefully she'll see her money again.

I almost bought tickets through orbitz once, but found a better deal on another site. Next time try booking through Expedia. I've been a customer there for three years and I've never had any problems.