+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too Picky?

Too Picky?

Hello all!

I've been lurking around some, and the majority of you guys seem pretty nice. Maybe I can get some advice?

I've been single for a very long time, around two years now, and have started feeling a bit down about my personal life. The thing is, I haven't been active at all in trying to fix it. Not because I'm lazy or out of shape, but the best way I can describe it is that I'm too 'picky'.

I'm healthy, bike and rock-climb, am not socially awkward, and emotionally stable so I imagine somebody would have me, but I fail to see the potential in any given possible relationship. It's not a medical thing either, I appreciate a sexy gal as much as the next guy. Perhaps the fact that as I approach my degree my classes have become quite literally 95% male comes into play as well.

Regardless, it's incredibly an frustrating feeling that's hard to put into words.
    Anybody else experience this? Suggestions?

Why haven't you been trying to fix your personal life? Because you're too "picky?" What do you mean? Do you mean that you feel you're above most other people and think that everything sucks?

I was worried that that would come across as arrogant, but it can't be further from it. Maybe I just can't find the right word.

Almost like there's really no point in trying, because one can tell when something is going to fall apart anyway.

Ok, well I thought that by making you defend yourself, you'd maybe give us a bit more to work with, but you're still being vague. So I'll ask you things.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mute View Post
    but I fail to see the potential in any given possible relationship.
    Why? What goes wrong? Why is there no point in trying?

Go on, 1Mute, you can talk to us.

Yes, you're being a bit cryptic. Do try to explain, don't worry if you think you sound like a jerk. You're a guy, we're all jerks, women like us anyway.

just go out and pick up a few girls, you need to kiss a load of frogs to find the one. Some guys i thought i'd really like I've hated and vica versa. I didn't think I'd ever find anyone who met my standards then I met a guy on Tastebuds.fm, I thought he was really plain at first then I got to know him and I'm head over heels! Good luck finding someone, just go for it!

Get out there. OK in the dating game you'll meet people that don't do IT for you but stay out there long enough and you should find somebody that works for you. There are so many online sites for dating it's a lot easier now than it ever was. My GF, when I first met her didn't really do it for me but I thought OK, she's a very nice woman, let's keep going and see where we end up. Every time I see her it gets better and better.