+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, harassed or creeped out at work?

Ladies, harassed or creeped out at work?

Ladies, have you ever been harassed by a guy from your job? Or a guy that creeps you out? What does he do, or how does he behave? Also, are there any comments or body signals you use to show him you're not interested? I'm sort of new to this and want to know what to avoid and what signals to read from women that are not interested. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
    Ladies, have you ever been harassed by a guy from your job? Or a guy that creeps you out? What does he do, or how does he behave? Also, are there any comments or body signals you use to show him you're not interested? I'm sort of new to this and want to know what to avoid and what signals to read from women that are not interested. Thanks.
    Not a woman but very simple advice; don't shit where you eat. Or this case screw around where you work. Easiest way to get yourself fired and blacklisted in that city is to be accused of sexually harassing a co-worker. Besides that, it's just a bad idea. If your relationship goes downhill, your job goes REALLY downhill.

Thanks Gratedwasabi

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All women at your work should be no go's. Honestly man, hurts your professionalism.

Yes, I've been harassed. I worked at a pretyt fun, laxed construction company. It's still work though! Anyways I'd get rude comments fired my way often and in large doses.

ex. "oh you have something for me" he asks his boss on speaker... "is it -my name- in a sexy bikini?" NOT APPROPRIATE.
    ex. "yeah, I'll come by the office, anything to look at that chest of hers" (I'm fully covered and not provocative)
    ex. "Don't worry about that, just come sit on my lap- that'l make up for it"
    ex- the WROST by a million: " hey kiddo! haven't seen ya in a while" usual excuse... me busy blah blah... "well I missed ya!" slaps book on my ASS as I walk by.

He was not even fired... but I finally quit.

Basically don't be a dipshit, it ain't that hard.

One little bit I would like to throw in:

In a lot of cases, especially in male-dominated fields of work, sexual harassment is often called out where it just male behavior. In other words, guys pick on each other bluntly or otherwise, as sort of a connection with other guys. Depending of the type of "picking on" you're receiving, it may just be that they're considering you one of the guys.

As I read on a page here recently, and I've been looking for it so I could give you guys the link, one anthropologist describes the situation as: Depending on the case, a man harassing a woman is not driven by sexism, but a lack thereof. He's treating her as he would another guy, and she misinterprets.

I know there are creepers out there, and guys who are trying to get with women at the office, but at the same time, consider this point of view as well.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not considering that. I've a perv at heart but when you're at work you're AT WORK. Period.

I can take all of that crap from males within my circle but that is 100% unacceptable IN ALL WORKPLACES.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    All women at your work should be no go's. Honestly man, hurts your professionalism.

Yes, I've been harassed. I worked at a pretyt fun, laxed construction company. It's still work though! Anyways I'd get rude comments fired my way often and in large doses.

ex. "oh you have something for me" he asks his boss on speaker... "is it -my name- in a sexy bikini?" NOT APPROPRIATE.
    ex. "yeah, I'll come by the office, anything to look at that chest of hers" (I'm fully covered and not provocative)
    ex. "Don't worry about that, just come sit on my lap- that'l make up for it"
    ex- the WROST by a million: " hey kiddo! haven't seen ya in a while" usual excuse... me busy blah blah... "well I missed ya!" slaps book on my ASS as I walk by.

He was not even fired... but I finally quit.

Basically don't be a dipshit, it ain't that hard.

WOW. I applaud your constraint.
    If it was me, I would've had him on the ground screaming for his mommy while I attempt to dislocate his arms.
    That was so not cool.

I have never been harassed by a male in the workplace. OUT of the workplace......well, yeah. And like another poster has said, you do not, do NOT date someone from the workplace. I don't care how cute, or how perfect. Just, no. Never. EVER. No. Ever.

^Me neither, been harrassed that is.. If some guy harrassed me, one look from me and he wouldn't do it again, lol. Anybody toching me would be told straight 'Don't touch what you can't afford, jerk'....

When I did work in a male dominated enviroment once, I avoided the ones who looked and acted kinda creepy.

I'm quite aggressive and out spoken. I have no problem dealing with such problems at work. I'm very proactive when I hear about any co-worker or temp worker being harassed, followed, touched, etc. As for the other posters yes work is not a place to date people. As they say don't be dipping your pen in the company ink!

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Not a woman but very simple advice; don't shit where you eat. Or this case screw around where you work. Easiest way to get yourself fired and blacklisted in that city is to be accused of sexually harassing a co-worker. Besides that, it's just a bad idea. If your relationship goes downhill, your job goes REALLY downhill.

I agree with you
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~