+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex misses me?

My ex misses me?

Thought about finding somewhere to get some advice, and thought here might be the place. So please help me out here. Thanks

Here's the whole story:

So this girl, Amber, is like, REALLY hot lol. No joke, almost every guy in the school thinks so. And her boyfriend cheated on her, and she broke up with him. First week of school. I am in 10th grade and see that she is in my chemistry class with me. She is in 11th grade.

So, a week later I find out from a friend, that Amber told the friend to tell me she likes me. Never talked to Amber in my life before, scared out of my mind. I see her in Chemistry and we talk. And we talked for 2-3 weeks and dated. We dated for about 2 months and 1 week.

She started acting weird, and she wouldn't kiss me anymore or hardly talk to me. I kept asking her what was wrong, and eventually she broke up with me via text saying that it was all "her" fault, that I never did anything wrong (which I actually didn't, treated her like an angel). She said that she felt something special before, but now it felt like we were just friends hanging out and like it wasn't enough, and her feelings for me weren't as strong.

So I accepted it. Two and a half weeks later, we have an FCA Volleyball tournament at my school and we are both there. She kept looking at me and was talking to another one of my friends. Well after it was over, this friend comes up to me and tells me Amber misses me.

I just KNEW that would happen, I treated her too well, said too many nice things, for her to just let me go. So I texted her about it and she said it was true. Our conversation:

Amber: Joe (me) do you think that anyone could take your place?
    Me: I don't know amber, thats for you to answer. I'm nothing special.
    Amber: Oh shut up joe! You treated me like I was the best thing that ever happened to you!
    Amber: I miss all the nice things you say..(and she goes on to say other stuff).

So really, she does miss me and I miss her. But my problem is HOW THE HELL DO I START THIS UP AGAIN?

We are texting each other again, for the past 2 days, and I am going to try to talk to her in the hall at school tomorrow, but I really don't know what to say to her to get this started again. I asked her what she thought about "All of this" and she said she was too scared to tell me (with a smile face).

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? I know I shouldn't just jump into something really fast, but I need something to move this a little bit more and not act as if we are just friends, and make the same mistake I (apparently) made before.

Thanks for taking your time to read this if you did

My concern would be that she seems to value the things you said to her or the way you treated her and not YOU. That's a concern I've had with women I've dated.

That said, if you're fine with that it sounds like she's lonely and wants the attention back. Just tease her about leaving you hanging with the "too scared to tell you" text and that she should let you buy her a smoothie/ice cream/whatever you kids do these days after school since she's driving you crazy with mysterious texts. It's high school, it should work just fine.

But she's going to get bored of you once the novelty of the nice comments and being treated well wears off. Just be prepared for that.

You know I totally understand what you are saying, but while we dated she actually liked ME, I believed. She came too all my football games, we always hung out and I never really said anything too nice like I texted her when we hung out, she invited me to hangout with her older friends too.

I understand it might ware off like I believe it might have the first time, because she says she didn't have the strong feelings for me anymore, but now she misses me.

It's just, should I try to go further into the relationship, and try for more or what?

And yes, I will try to tease her about that. Thank you.

She's probably lonely and bored and is in need of attention again.

If things had been that great, why dump you first time around? If she got bored 'first' time around, she would a second time around too.

Sounds like she's a drama queen - loves all the attention 'oh look at me, aren't I so beautiful' etc. My ex GF was like that and the minute women like this don't get exactly what they want then you have big trouble. I would keep well clear.

We can only assume what's in her head, but who can really know? Anyway, I agree with the posters above. I believe too she misses some attention. I'm pretty sure that once you stop having feelings for someone, when all the "chemistry" is gone - you don't just get these feelings back, especially not in a couple of days. Probably at her age she has no idea what are the concepts of loving, liking and being attracted to someone, so she has all kind of mixed feelings instead, which might make her act this way (when she's not sure what she wants). But on the other side, she might know exactly what she wants: attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jowas View Post
    You know I totally understand what you are saying, but while we dated she actually liked ME, I believed. She came too all my football games, we always hung out and I never really said anything too nice like I texted her when we hung out, she invited me to hangout with her older friends too.

I understand it might ware off like I believe it might have the first time, because she says she didn't have the strong feelings for me anymore, but now she misses me.

It's just, should I try to go further into the relationship, and try for more or what?

And yes, I will try to tease her about that. Thank you.
    You're in high school, I say go for it. I'd give you different advice if you were older but, honestly, you think she's hot, you're in high school, enjoy it. Be bold. Tease her about her mysterious texts (good lesson, teasing women works wonders; through college women love jerks.) Don't half-ass it and just be friendly, be clear with your intent. Make physical contact. Compliment her and not in a friend sort of way (things like "your hair looks nice today!" are not what you're going for, things like "wow, you look hot in that shirt" are.) Worst case she says to knock it off, although I really, really doubt she will. She wants the attention from you.

Don't expect to fall in love or for her to, but get some hot and heavy makeout sessions, impress your friends with your hot girlfriend, and she'll be happy (for a bit) that she's getting attention. Unless you're looking for a serious relationship, in which case go back to the not getting involved with her advice.
    Last edited by Gratedwasabi; 02-12-10 at 03:43 PM.

Well? What happened?!