+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he giving me mixed signals or am i being stupid?

is he giving me mixed signals or am i being stupid?

i just wanted advice from some guys on here.
    my boyfriend recently split up with me but said he'd like to stay friends, then yesterday we met up and it was pretty much the same as when we were together minus kissing :/.
    he bought me my drink and asked me my opinion on everything.
    then stayed with me to wait for my bus when he said he wasn't going to. and when i told him to go he stayed :/
    he hugged me goodbye and said he'd see me at a xmas dinner i've arranged but is it just me or is he giving me mixed signals. i dont feel like anything has changed.
    Whats actually going on here?
    btw i'm 17 he's 23. we were together 3 months and the breakup was really out of the blue.
    thanks

Might be trying to avoid going to jail, or is getting pressure from friends/family, or is just unsure.
    If you're interested let it ride for a bit, then ask for clarification.
    Thing is, a real friend is basically a lover minus the kissing.
    So whether he's sending mixed signals or not is rather hard to judge, it depends on the pair.

As much as I hate the 'testing' women do, you could always try testing the waters. Try talking to him about men, or something that -should- bother someone interested.

"Might be trying to avoid going to jail, or is getting pressure from friends/family, or is just unsure."

She is from the UK and would have to be under 16 for him to go to jail, so thats not the reason. He is being a prize dick and should either cut you looose or take you back

It sounds like he is not sure what having a girlfriend should entail, and he is still trying to be as gentlemanly as possible.

He might still have feelings for you, or even think he made a mistake, and not know how to act at this point. I would try to ride it out for a while longer and see if you can pick up any more signals.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

He's keeping you around and as a 'back up'.

Well, you their is something that people need to undustand, well for how long time you had been with him? what ever i can tell you that human race ego is great , people never feel anything until the day we are broken, this is what happen in you case, when you both had break up, this guys had realized how much he love you back, May be he is not being able to heal himself inside first, people realised their mistake only when they suffer and this is true , what ever i can tell you, Once you move on in life, and Dont ever think of the past always keep moving, if ever happen you too patch up, i dont said the relationship wont be good, but their will be conflicts related to the past, as we said words can be forgotten but memories remains this is true... so before taking any decision i would advise to to get some time yourself and think about it well.

Its always better to move on in life

give him everything but not sex and see how long he stays. if he truly loves you, he will love you without sex