+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will I regret....

Will I regret....

I have been with my current GF for over 4 years now, I love her deeply and she has the same feelings towards me. We are both young (22) and she is my first sexual partner and first real serious GF. I feel she is perfect and see no reason why we wouldn't be together for the long run. However as my life changes, finished college, new job, starting to travel, etc. I am feeling the need to experience more relationship wise....I am asking myself if I stay with my GF and go on to marry her will I regret not having experienced other women/relationships....will I end up resenting her? I am just confused over what to do......

Thank you for any advice posted

You will regret whatever choice you make. Me personally I would go out into the adult world and experience it. You are too young to be thinking about marriage and raising kids. That can wait for another 10 years. Marriage ain't no picnic so enjoy your youth while you still have it.

I agree. Don't consider a serious relationship so soon, unless you are 500 million percent sure that this is the person you want to spend forever ever with. I don't think it's wrong if you take it easy for right now, explain how you're feeling to her and express what you would like to do in a none douchebaggy sense.

If you're thinking about it now, I can almost guarantee you're gonna feel more deeply about it later.
    It wasn't a concern when I hooked up, but I can tell you I think about it sometimes now.

smackie is bang on too, you're gonna regret it regardless. You might spend the rest of your life wondering if she was the one, or what it would have been like to run the field.

When you're ready, it'll feel natural. If you feel like you're ready, do it. You really can't have it all, or experience it all. Live it.

I was really attached to the first girl I hooked up with, I thought she was perfect and loved everything about her. This is probably the same case for you since she's your first sexual partner. When you turn 25 or 26, the spark is probably going to end. You should be spending time with other women, even if this girl actually is the perfect person for you, you'll always live your life thinking about what could have happened if you didn't stay with her. Your partner is probably thinking the same thing, and if she isn't right now, the thought will eventually come.

i know several people who married their 'first'. they never said once they regretted it, except for the two that got divorced ten plus years later. they said one of their goals is 'to sleep with someone than their ex'. hmmmm...... is that quote any different than what a guy who has slept around a lot before getting married? NO!!! saying you want to have lots of sexual partners before settling done is a stupid excuse to dump your girlfriend. my guess is, deep down, you have other doubts about staying with her and you are just using this as an easy excuse.

will you have regrets? only you will know that.

PS having multiple partners doesn't make you more mature or help you get to know yourself better. having 'life experiences' does that. big difference. and being with the right person makes finding these life experiences more fun. always better to share it with someone may it be your friend or girl friend.