+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motivation

Motivation

When I first started posting, I was relatively excited and was in a posting fury, having opinions for almost everything...

But as of late I don't know what's happened to me, or the forum, but have lost the motivation to, in the first place, read a bunch of the posts. Now I limit myself to the general discussion area, where I may have an oportunity to contribute more opinions...one or two movie/books on titles I recognize, and one or two sex discussions that actually teach me a thing or two as I'm weak in this field.

Maybe the lack of reading all posts limits interesting things I may find I have opinions on..I should know better and I know threads don't always stick to their original topic.

In any case, I still check the forum a couple of times a day at least on most week days, but I do it a little bit less now that things got a little busier at work and they're supposedly cracking down on unproductive internet surfing..but my question is I guess for the senior members of the forum:

Did you ever go through a funk where you were finding things in the forum less and less interesting? Maybe it's just that I've been reading long enough that I'll see the same threads reincarnated with only slightly different wording and this is discouraging..or I don't know..how did you all deal with it? Or does everyone go through a hiatus where you don't post much? I think this may be because early on I'd see a bunch of regulars that as of late have not been posting much. The only consistent one that we can count on multiple posts per day on is raver.

So maybe raver is the better equipped to answer this.

What say you?

Freddie

sorry to hear that; i enjoy your posts.

i'm still on the posting honeymoon here, but i've had that feeling of forum ennui before. usually a bodies-across-the-field flame war, a strange problem, or a new pm friend re-excite me, or it's a sign i have to move on.

hmm

well i must say that i knwo how you feel....but for me i wont stop comming to the forum for me its a pass time at wrk especially on the weekends. I must agree that i dont read everything anymore some is the same stuff and i read the things that intrest me and that i feel i might have something to say. There are alot of other things on the forum that i participate in lets see video games ( i just cant beat anyone at pacman), i have a journal and private messaging so that i can talk to other people and i did have yahoo so i started instant mess some others. Sometimes i just watch whats going on. I love to be on the net and i love it here weather i have something to say or not, i love to read others thoughts and i like the archives. Every morning when i get to work i post. When i come in to wrk on the weekends it takes me a whole hour, & then i stay on all day long...things do get repetative but for me thats ok too. xoxo blue
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

I agree totally, I don't know it just that most of the stuff seems to be the same things just phrased differtently.................I don't know but I am in a funk also..............

I almost didn't bother to reply to this thread either.

I have to agree with you freddie, I keep looking at thread and going, nah can't be bothered to read that one. IK guess on the plus side that means there are only so many things that can go wrong with your love life!!!!

Right, am going to start a new book thread on "Brick Lane" by Monica Ali - anyone read it?

Being a Mod and only been here a year, Ive recently come to the decision that Im not going to post unless its something I feel I can give real effort to the thread starter and is actually worth spending the time. The same topics keep coming up over and over again, maybe phrased differently, but its still the same shit, just different day.

I look forward to seeing new people join, such as you Freddie, someone who contributes more than stupid thoughtless posts just for the post sake. (for the exception of Raver-he's the man) and cracks me up everyday, and honestly he's the reason Ive even stayed this long at this point, just to get a laugh on a daily basis!

I initially couldnt get enough of this place, the members at that time were so much fun, and we had a blast everyday! But things change, people come and go. And over the last few months Ive had to redirect my energy anyhow. I had some negativity coming through here and was stressed out about it, and I had someone whom I am close to who mentioned it was effecting my everday aura! OMG? So, I dont post. I come here for a laugh and if I feel I can contribute positively then I will, but for now, Im hanging low.

Everyone whose been here long enough goes through spurts and comes back. But its normal to get bored Freddie. But in this past year, Ive developed some outstanding friendships and ones that Im closer to than in my own town. ITs a great place...just once in awhile we all get into a "funk"...Ive gotta to go find Raver's mean thread...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha nomas.. it's like anything that is new, or a fad. it will wear out in time. if you notice the places that i post, i tend to stay out of relationships and dating areas. i'm mostly in gereral and the introductions part. i've said prety much everything that i can about relationships, which is only why i just gaize through them from time to time.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

and there was me thinking you were going to tell Freddie to drink more

Nothing like a little attention to get you back in the game, ha ha!

Seems that suddenly there were a couple of new threads to spring up that were worth posting on...

Yeah, I sorta figured that it was one of those things to where the new car smell wears out and then you don't smile when you drive anymore..it's no longer new, it's just routine...that and not reading more closes more possibilities.. but I hate to do things half-assed, or not finish what I start. I like this place and the more serious members..pretty much all the ones who've already posted here, and a few others. I think it was a good revitalizer for me, anyway, to see that there's still those who care.

I also envy the kind of thing that Squirt talked about..the friendships that can come out of this. It's like I've said before, this is such an easy means of communication, and it's one you can continue even after you move cities...your online friends can remain just as close as you had them before...one post away.

I don't think it's time for me to move on yet..maybe not ever..when it's so easy to keep up, why not? Why close doors and opportunities? No reason.

So I appreciate you people that cared enough to post...now we have a little network. And that's always a motivating factor...you're part of the group and we can't let each other down.

Support..there you go..

Now to go and diss some people...

Freddie

Just happens over time. I've been hear for about 2.5 years and I RARELY venture to any threads that aren't in Announcements, Staff Room, General Discussion or Movies and Music. It just takes a lot to go through all the threads when there are so many nowadays. Back when it was just me, Illusional and Killerbabe we would only have occasional posters and it was all too easy to keep up on EVERY thread. But now hundreds of new posts every day is simply too much. Just a matter of being selective in your responses. Don't burn out on the forum, it can happen, just take it as you need to.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Ahhh Freddie you so need to get other means of instant messenging too! We have so much fun online! I may never leave this place. I stop in on occassion and find something fun now and then like the dis thread. Hell I told Raver that was just nuts for me, out of my league. But I had fun dissing his bootie! He's a good guy! You'll come out of your slump, and hell it really doesnt matter, cause those that you find friendships with, you will always have even outside of the forum!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

True, Squirt...that's what I was referring to..what Zekk said too (he's another one of the ones I missed around here, bye the way) that comraderie that you share when you've been here for a while and there is a high degree of confidence in the other individual that they're posting seriously and truthfully, because it's so easy to lie..which is a reason I like the Gallerie too. For some reason, when I've seen your picture, it adds credibility, although it's just as easy to post someone else's pics.. ah well.

I think that the lesson to learn for me here is, these people are still around..interesting opinions are still available..but if the mountain won't come to you, you have to go to the mountain. You want something interesting to talk about? You have to be proactive and start it. Yeah, leadership is something I enjoy anyway...so there I have it...

Freddie

just a general shout-out:

i have to say i love this place, from what i've seen. i think i'm too old (mid-20s) for it in some ways, but the mix of seriousness and playfulness is great! plus, the mods are ethical and the operations transparent; and the posters are an amazing eccentric mix.

anyway, it's a pleasure to post with y'all. thank you not eating me alive in my first week

Mid-20s is too old?
    That's like way over the hill whatcha talking about? hehe =p

A lot of times you'll see the same problem but with different people.
    And most folks just have a need to vent, to see if people can reaffirm their already made decisions... I do this all the time with my friends!
    Then there's new people throwing random thoughts into too...

Wow I never realized I posted so much already... >.<

And, cbee, no, I haven't read your book. Let us know if it's good.

Freddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast