+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im heartbroken... I need someone to talk to! please help.

Im heartbroken... I need someone to talk to! please help.

Any one good with love advice? Went out with a girl for 2 years solid and then on and off with her for the next 2 years, we do love each other. But when i asked her to get back together around 6 weeks ago she says she couldn't because if she does it would mean she was in it with me for good. Now shes kind of seeing someone else, but still insists that she loves me and that we will be together some day. We are in college, both 22. What should I do? Please, please help me.

She expects you to sit on the fence she knows how you feel move on until she is ready mean time maybe you will meet some1 no sense for you to sit around and wait
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

ya thats what i was thinking. i hate being in this situation, i love her so much.

sometimes love hurts in time it wont thou
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Listen mate, it's over. Yes, life can be shite and I'm sorry. You have to move on.

It was off and on for a reason....it needed to be over. I know it's hard to let go because we always hope it can be the way it was. Well reality tells us no it can't so you just need to accept and move on. The feeling of loss will eventually go away but only if you let it. You can have a new relationship in the future....it will happen for you again. It's OK to let go.

Being on and off for the last 2 years should have been a sign that the two people you were in that relationship could not have any long term staying power. And now that she wants to end it is when you want answers and want things to work. This is an opportunity to learn from what went wrong with the relationship after looking back on it and becoming a better person for the future. Whether it's with her or somebody else, everything will be alright. I know you love her but this is what she wants, not much you can do about it. It hurts her too that's why she is trying to keep you around as "friends" which isn't fair to you because you want more. Just keep telling yourself that you both have some growing up to do and can't possibly succeed as you are right now. And take this time you have on your own to get your life on track and in order and become that better person through execution.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Thanks guys, that was some great advice. We are still really good friends, and she keeps saying that shes not going to let me run away completly from her. Maybe I should go meet someone else. You don't know what you have until its gone right???

Thanks for the replies. I really apprieciate it...

sadie_genie Guest
    She is tired of the on and off patterns.