+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Apologising

Apologising

Hi guys, I posted this on another thread on here but got one response so here goes again.

So I was with this girl for a while and then we broke up. Because we are both in the same class at university we got on top of each other after the breakup and had a few arguments. It did not end well and I haven't talk to her since last year even though we are in the same class. It's pretty awkward.

I would now like to to apologize to her for some of the things I said. I did act like an idiot at times and can see how I have upset her. I would also like to apologize to clear the air a bit and so I can get on in life.

Problem is it was a while ago since these various incidents. I don't want her to look at it than anything else other than an apology like I'm an ex whose trying to get back with her. I feel as if it could open up a can of worms. Also she is with someone else now and she seems happy so I think she may prefer it if I wasn't in the picture at all even if its an apology.

I do still have some feelings for her but looking logically at the situation and our relationship I think if it was better all left behind. I feel like there is some unfinished business with however it is my gut feeling. I think that apologizing would be the right thing to do as it would provide some sort of ending and I can finally move on. I don't want to get sucked back into it again though. I don't really have anything to lose by doing it either.

Any Advice?

Start the note with I don't want anything more out of this than to clear the air and apologize...I don't expect or want a reply from you (is this truly what you want or is this a ploy to start up the relationship again -- be honest with your self). Then apologize -- mail it or email it to her and go into your sent items and click delete.

Never think about or worry about if she got it or not -- she may never forgive you that is HER choice -- move on....easier said than done but that is all you can do right now. She has the RIGHT to not even open the email -- you have to accept that.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure about my intentions. I wouldn't do any kind of ploy or mind games on her that would be apologising for the wrong reason and be unfair on her. cheers for the reply!

The problem with writing a letter is that you can't take back what is written down. Also when she reads it, she may interpret it her own way anyway which maybe confusing as well. I think the best thing you can do is just not say anything at all. This year you guys have had was a healing period for the both of you, and there is no sense and rehashing old bullshit. If she's happy with her new guy, just leave her be. I think that part of you hopes there is a way to make things right again, and you even said it yourself that you still have feelings for her. You do have an ulterior motive. Leaving her be is the best thing you can do and if you are truly sorry for everything that you have done, the knowledge itself should be enough to make you feel better. She'll forgive you eventually, don't worry about her hating you forever and ever. Only she knows when that is, and if she isn't ready to, nothing you can say to her can change it anyway.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Thank you for sharing your thing, let me a lot

Thank you for sharing your thing,

Thank you for the information, let me know so much about your information