+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I hate the family model these days...

I hate the family model these days...

Why is it that the average family these days consists of a man, a woman, a child from the man’s previous relationship, a child from the woman’s previous relationship, their own child, and a lover with whom one of the parents is cheating on the other with. When I was a kid, this kind of life existed solely in soap operas. Soap operas which people watched and went “Oh god this is stupid”

That’s how a family works nowadays. I seem to be the only male left on the entire planet who still believes in that old archaic logic of finding someone I love and spending the rest of my life with that one person.

Say that to teenagers these days and they’ll laugh in your face.

People cheating on each other irks me the most. If you’re such a slut/manwhore that not ****ing other people is such an impossible task for you, why would you get in a relationship or married in the first place? People cheating on each other is a completely average everyday thing in this world these days. And I’m supposed to find someone to be with until I die? How on earth is that going to work?

As far as I can tell, every annoying jerk in this world has a woman in his life. Every annoying jerk, who I can just look in the face and see how they couldn’t hold a relationship even if their lives depend on it. So great.

I wouldn’t cheat on my partner even when miss Most Attractive Ever would show up and want me. That’s just not how it works, if I’ve picked someone as a person I’d like to spend my life with, I’m not going to turn around and try someone else for a while because I had the chance. Also, if I’ve picked someone as a person I’d like to spend my life with, that also means that I love her. And if I love her, that means I’m going to do everything I can to make her happy. Sitting on the sofa watching football all day isn’t making her happy, it seems really obvious to me that chores around the house and the like are my duty as well, for example. Whenever she has an issue with anything, it’s my goddamn duty to fix whatever was the issue. She needs to be happy and I’m there to keep her happy goddamnit, because I love her.

It’s nice to know that she’ll probably be ****ing my neighbour while I’m sitting at home washing the dishes though.

PS: While everything I wrote is completely 100% representative of my opinion of the world, I’m not talking shit about my girlfriend. You might note that I said that I’m the only male left on this planet with this archaic attitude, well, there’s a female left with this attitude as well, and I couldn’t be happier that I found her.

The attitude represented here is written as if I was looking around for someone, which seems like a completely impossible task now that I look back on it, I hate that and wanted to rant a bit. I seriously feel sorry for any potential, however unlikely, sane people out there who would like a partner in their lives. There aren’t a lot of us left.

What are you on about? most people want this but sadly life is cruel. The person who partner is cheating on them properly wanted this perfect family too. People these days want too much and do not respect their partners.