+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't get anyone to wanna text or talk on phone... for long!

Can't get anyone to wanna text or talk on phone... for long!

I've been rejected too many times to count... every single guy eventually stops calling or texting! Whenever they do call or text it's all kinda scripted. For ex: what u doing? Or they'll ask me questions and that be that. My own aunt didn't wanna text with me... she did for a minute and then stopped. My sister who's a year older than me never has her cell phone ringing--feeling like it'sin the genes (being rejected all the time).

I don't know what we're doing wrong. There's a guy who likes me but I'm afraid he'll do the same thing! Advice? This is NOT the way I seen my life playing out (with no guys or cell phone not ringing).

Meet and date real people - like you know, face to face? Otherwise give us more information because for now it just sounds are you're pissed off and want to let off some steam.

You have to be more mysterious with your answers like when they ask you "what you are doing?" you say "wouldn't you like to know " By not giving a straight answer you tease them and it arouses their curiosity. Try that and see where it takes you.

I am pissed and more details...read on!

Here's some more details...
    First off, I come from a very conservative (Christian) household. I was raised by my grandma. I was told by friends that I'm too proper (whatever that means). I'm skinny and pale with brown hair and eyes. I'm pissed because I've never been approached or asked on a date. Guys will say they like me and then not do anything like ask me out on a date. Then, guys my sister hooks me up with online (they've never seen me before) yell at me (are mean) and never call back or they text and call for awhile (very scripted) and then stop altogether! I'm very nice and they aren't nice back!!! Feel worthless and unlovable.

Get soo jealous when I see couples because I've never had that or probably never will. I'm just probably ugly. If your a guy you'd do the same thing (not call or text).

My sister gets treated badly too! She's met the guys face to face and they pull the same thing! Help!!!

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hOW OLD ARE YOU? 12
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Look, if you want helpful advice give us more information. If guys say they like you but don't ask you out then they are not sexually attracted to you. If guys yell at you online then block them and find dating websites that work better. The internet can be a great tool for meeting people - it gives you a good opportunity to really talk to people even before you meet them. Good luck.

Well your sister may fib a bit about herself to these guys and gives them high expectations, and the end result is disappointment. Proper means you look and act too conservative and not sexually seductive. I know that's against the way you were raised but it's a tough life when you live in a sexually driven society. I would like to know your age so I know how to approach this.

My age

I'm 19 years old.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why not go out on dates instead? or have face to face time no matter who it is?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Ask the people you're close to. Maybe you come on too strong. Or you have no social etiquette.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why the need to text or talk on the phone? if looked at my texts i probably get/text once a week.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Yeah, GET OFF THE ****ING computer and go meet some people. Sounds like you're a bore to converse with. If there's nothing interesting about you you'll never get any play.

Woah. This hits close to home. In fact, when I was 18, I remember I told my friend, "Guys like me, but then they stop... I don't know what's wrong with me." And then she gave me a very stern talking to about be desperate. Not every guy is going to like you. You need to legit be yourself. If you can honestly do that, and be present in the moment, and stop worrying about the future or what you did in the past, you will start to attract a new breed of guy--who is of much higher quality. Happened to me in a course of a year.

If it helps, I know this nice, perfectly presentable Christian lady who didn't get asked out until she was 27! But, she did not get all desperate. She did not settle (for losers on the internet, or guys who don't actually like her, who are just wasting her time and raising her phone bill). She got married to that guy who asked her out and she has a super hot husband. I kid you not. Do not settle. 19 is still very VERY young. I guess it is so young that you do not have much perspective yet. Which is okay. How can we be all wise at 19, anyway?

Still, I understand your feelings. But, in the big picture of things, I don't think there is any reason for you to be pissed. I promise, the minute you stop obsessing about the text messages and the guys and stuff, you will have so many offers, you won't know what to do with yourself. It is counterintuitive, but life almost always works out like that.

I basically shared what works for me. I hope that helped!

Author of the blog: How NOT to Fall In Love

Thanks everyone for replies!

I wanna thank everyone who read my post and replied.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyface View Post
    I wanna thank everyone who read my post and replied.
    There's a "thanks" button at each reply to your thread........#justsaying