+ Follow This Topic

Thread: PLEASE HELP I have feelings for a friend who is in a relationship

PLEASE HELP I have feelings for a friend who is in a relationship

Okay so the story. We met about 3 years ago on a school trip to France. She chased after me and we eventually hooked up. Never bf & gf but spent a lot of time together. When we got off the plane in Chicago she introduced me to her mother and sister so I assume she talked about me. I went back to school and she stayed in Chicago for a job and we drifted apart. When she came back down for school we went on a couple dates again nothing serious and she decided to stop because she was graduating and I wasn't. I took it hard because I really liked her.

Well back in September of this year I moved up to Chicago and ended up finding her on linkedin. and we met for lunch one day. It was good and some casual flirting. At the end she tells me she is in a relationship and has been for over a year. I wasn't really disapointed but it stung a bit. We talk everyday through email and meet up whenever I am downtown for coffee or what ever.

I am still crazy about her come to find out and I am fighting the urge to tell her. My last relationship was ruined by a guy building a friendship with my girl and then using that to turn her against me. That stuff pisses me off and I hate people who do it. So I am just keeping it to myself. Now the way I am doing is not like what was done to me. the guy was open that he wanted to take her from me.

So what should I do?? Should I tell her and see if she feels the same, or should I just keep my mouth shut and see what happens? I don't wanna break up a relationship. But it is driving me crazy, and I think she might feel the same??

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

She told you she's in a relationship. Your last relationship was ruined by another guy moving in on your GF. Do you really want to be "that guy" doing the same to her relationship?

Being friendly and meeting for coffee every so often is fine. Don't try to go beyond that now. Be supportive of and respect her current relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod44 View Post
    She told you she's in a relationship. Your last relationship was ruined by another guy moving in on your GF. Do you really want to be "that guy" doing the same to her relationship?

Being friendly and meeting for coffee every so often is fine. Don't try to go beyond that now. Be supportive of and respect her current relationship.
    Yup agreed. Keep in touch but don't wait, just move on if you have the opportunity to. If there's a time when you both are single, tell her then. Who knows it may happen sooner than you think.

Yep my thoughts exactly. good to know i was still thinking with a level head thanks