+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What just happened?

What just happened?

Ok so this girl started working with me about two weeks ago and within the first two days of training her she already asked me out for a drink, naturally I said that sounds like a good idea. Fast forward about a week later, I get a text from her asking me to come and have a drink with her and my manager. Things are going great, were all having a great time and my manager decides to go home. Then we end up going to Steak N Shake and have a deep conversation about her life.
    Then fast-forward about a day later she starts texting me and stuff, and eventually asks me to come over to her house and have a few drinks with her. Keep in mind it was just me and her. When I was there we were having a great time, but she wasn’t all over me at all. I was there for a good 5 hours and from the last hour she once again preceded to tell me all this deep stuff about her life and she was definitely upset at what she was telling me. Next day she says she can't believe what she told me considering we have only known each other for about two weeks.

Then that weekend she ends up coming in to my work and we begin to chat it up. She then tells me I left my beers over and was wondering when I could come get it. I then end up going over that night to pick it up and much to my surprise when I got to her house her cousin, cousin’s boyfriend, and there kid was there. I felt awkward because I didn’t know if she wanted me to stay or what. I ended up only staying for around 10 minutes. So the next day she comes into work and her friends come in to eat and she tells me she wants me to meet them, so I do, and things go alright nothing really out of the ordinary. Later that night she invites me to the bar to have a beer with her friends and we have an ok time. I kind of felt like the third wheel a bit, considering her closet friend was there. Anyway, I wasn't completely lame but I definitely wasn't myself. We ended up talking later on the phone. So now its present day and I asked her to have a beer with me and she declined, saying she doesn’t have the money to spend at the bar. I was like WTF, honestly I have no idea what has happened, it’s like one minute she seems completely into me then the next puff no more. But she was very apologetic about not accepting though. She hasn’t texted me or called me since asking her.

-Keep in mind on multiple occasions she has said she Really like me.
    -She has kid, she has him Friday trough Sunday. I'm 21 shes 24.
    -She’s talks me up when I’m around her.
    -She has told me more than once she said she talked to her best friend about me.
    -What’s also really weird is that my coworker said she could tell I like her but didn’t sense the same with her.
    -Said she can trust me.
    -She also has been talking to me about this guy she was talking to for three months; she never had any thing good to say about him. She also said that she was done with him since she found out he was hitting up this other girl.
    Sorry for this novel, its just that I have no idea WTH happened.

She might have just needed someone to talk to, and now feels better that she got some stuff off her chest. Maybe you didn't earn the approval of her social circle so she lost interest. The other guy might have come back into the picture and she's now focusing on him. Could be anything really

So now its present day and I asked her to have a beer with me and she declined, saying she doesn’t have the money to spend at the bar. I was like WTF, honestly I have no idea what has happened, it’s like one minute she seems completely into me then the next puff no more. But she was very apologetic about not accepting though.
    I am also like WTF. Why are you taking this as a rejection or something? She told you she didn't have the money, you should have said it would be your treat. Or suggested something else. And she was apologetic about not being able to go, so why are you tripping about this?

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    I am also like WTF. Why are you taking this as a rejection or something? She told you she didn't have the money, you should have said it would be your treat. Or suggested something else. And she was apologetic about not being able to go, so why are you tripping about this?
    Yeaaaaah, you couldn't have offered to buy her a beer? THEN if she said no, okay, you'd probably have something. But c'mon.

She sounds unstable to me.

I would question someone who has to be surrounded by people and sipping beer all of the time - drinking with the manager at her apartment? were they alone before you got there? that shows poor judgement on her part.

And I would definitely question the stability of a woman who does not have custody of their child. I would find out the reason for her not having custody.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Yea I did'nt think it through. I thought about asking her somewhere else, its just i was a little taken back by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Yeaaaaah, you couldn't have offered to buy her a beer? THEN if she said no, okay, you'd probably have something. But c'mon.
    Yea, very dumb on my part. I think is was just afraid of being too forceful, I didn't want to sound desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by reeba View Post
    She sounds unstable to me.

I would question someone who has to be surrounded by people and sipping beer all of the time - drinking with the manager at her apartment? were they alone before you got there? that shows poor judgement on her part.

And I would definitely question the stability of a woman who does not have custody of their child. I would find out the reason for her not having custody.
    When my manager was with us we were at the bar. I had the same thoughts about the custody situation as well.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Go claim your unofficial raincheck. Tell her how about that beer?