+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girl hook up with friend

girl hook up with friend

I just found this forum and have been reading around. alot of great things here and good advice. if some of you guys could hear me out and offer some it would be appreciated!

SO...

I will try to make this as short and simple as i can.

I know this girl who i have been friends with in highschool. we both were going to the same college so we decided to take classes togather. she is cool, great personality, very attractive. at this college there is very little socializing so its just me and her having a good time. i didnt like her before college but i started to have feelings for her. we were deep into the friend zone and we established a no touchy feely friend relationship. i know she has little feelings for me and she knows that i knew (before i had them for her and we made that clear).

i talked to my best friend (and i mean very best friend. we kicked it almost every day from childhood till now) I told him that i was starting to have feelings for her but i knew she had none for me... what should i do. He told me to tell her or try to make a move or something. well i didnt, it seemed to hard (which looking back i totally should have).

she started to work at the place me and my best friend worked at, and she totally flirts with all my friends up there and it makes me jealous.

one night she was at my best friends house at a party (i wasnt there). they got touchy feely when he was drunk (she never drinks) but didnt hook up or anything. she could tell that I had some feelings for her so she tryed to keep it a secret. my best friend told me and said it wasnt a big deal. He can literally get any girl he wants so to him this wasnt a big deal, he has no feelings for her at all, she is just hot to him and he was drunk. he felt bad.

I could now tell that she had feelings for him now though. a few weeks later she went to his house again and they always get absolutely wasted. her being not drunk at all knowing that he was my best friend and that i had feelings for her hooked up with him. just making out for a long time (she is very inexperienced and this was a huge deal to her). the next morning he accidentally sends me a text telling me that last night was crazy and she should keep it a secret. he ****ed up.

my best friend and my relationship has totally changed, we both want to be friends with each other, but its just weird now. I talked to her about it and she apologized and said she was really sorry like 10 times in a row and she wouldnt do that ever again.

this coming semester we have all classes togather, she works with me now so i see her there all the time (i work at a bar), she is friends with all of my friends now and has started to hang out with them without me. wherever i go she is there too. not to mention she is my neighbor up the street. whenever im with her and my best friend is around she constantly flirts with him and it pisses me off. she literally gets off work and waits for my friends and him to get off so she can watch them drink and go with them where ever they go (she dosnt drink so shes like the DD).

I no longer have feelings for her but now i have this urge to break her heart somehow. O.o .. i think about this and the whole situation way to much.

i just came back from my another friends house where she was and where my best friend was. I left because they were flirting constantly and it was too distracting.

what the hell should i do?

thanks for hearing me out and sorry this is so long.

You are acting like she owes her heart to you. Reality check....you were JUST friends and nothing more. She is single and can be with whomever she wants, she is not obligated to you. You lost control and let your feelings get the best of you but that's not her fault, that's your problem. You've already made this relationship strained, it's time to walk away and leave her be.

Are there any other women on your campus?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Reality check - she does not fancy you. It's that simple. Find somebody else.

thanks guys. your totally right, its just she is everywhere i go and it annoying.

Freedom is true love. Let her be free. It hard when you want someone to love you back the way you want and even more difficult because you are emotionally attached to her (infatuation?). Regardless, its not mutual. You should either woo her with charm or just let it be. I say, if you feel that strongly about her, regardless if she is showing interest in you best friend, let your feelings show and take the risk. The worst that can happen is you get rejected or even earn her respect for your 'courage' to put yourself out there. Just be smooth about your execution.
    We learn about ourselves in relationship with others.