+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A bi polar fling?

A bi polar fling?

I started dating a woman I've been friends with for a few years. We had fun, had sex and then after Thanksgiving it was like ... she couldn't care less.

We met for salad, and she told me she was bi polar. So I did some research online and found out that at the high end of a bi polar cycle, sex drive is way up.

I was very heartbroken because I couldn't figure out what went wrong...I thought I did something wrong.

I really like her a lot and want to know what I can do to still be friends with this woman.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wait until she goes manic again and hit that shit.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Well I guess if nothing else. And she is hot. It took a couple weeks but I finally emotionally detached. When she's on top of the cycle, she is f**king awesome. But when she's down, she don't give a damn. But here's something I found strange. Right now she's on the downswing, but she still goes to parties, and hangs out with friends. How do I not take that personally?

I think my ex GF was bi polar thinking about it - and the sex was awesome, 2nd time we had sex I shaved her pussy for her!

How is going to parties and hanging out with friends a personal affront to you? When she's down, she can hole up in her room like a prisoner or force herself to go out and try to enjoy herself. Which sounds better to you? Depression is a bitch. My mother was diagnosed bipolar and put on some meds that completely removed her sex drive. So I guess your options are to enjoy her when she's up, or maybe she gets rid of the mood swings but has some really inconvenient side effects!

Ya, you're right. It's selfish of me, now that I understand why she's so distant to expect her to not do what she normally does to cope. It's been a roller coaster for me. But she told me when she revealed that she was bi polar that she didn't want to drag me into it. The truth is she's shielding me from the cold side of bi polar. I understand now, and I need to accept it. I hope she feels better soon.